Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

picture WAWA curly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
octmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: picture WAWA curly
    Posted: March 18 2005 at 9:53am

I still haven't found the camera, but my phone has a camera on it, so the picture isn't great. - but considering that my real hair is only 2 inches I love this. This is after about 9 days, 2 light washes, and getting it wet in the shower.

So, the WaWa hair started out light strawberry blonde, I dye it with RIT dark brown, curled it with hot clamps wrapped around plastic U shaped thing to make a perm type look. Starting to get kind of like spilt ends, maybe I will steam it straight tonight and try braiding it small to get the wave back in.

Octavia

Faces of Pain - One woman's Journey with Chronic Pain
www.octavaia@got-to-have-art.com
A world without ART is a world without color
GOT ART???
octmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 9:53am

The picture shows it red, it is actually a light brown with lighter blonde mixed in.

O

GOT ART???
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 10:31am
Octavia, your hair looks lovely!!  You remind me of RoseRose, almost identical!
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 11:41am
That is just awesome. I don't even know how long I've had mine in... a
month maybe? (I'd have to check back on this board to see when I put it
in) but it's still holding up very well.

The ends can get a little wonky because of the hot irons so I've just been
smoothing them out with some biosilk (Sally's has a generic for about
$5.99). I flat ironed mine the other day bone straight and the ends looked
pretty good after that, too.

Vixenwigs on ebay is selling dark brown WaWa if you'd like to try it
instead of using dye. I HIGHLY recommend her. Check out her other
auctions, too, because she has several shades.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&category=60188&item=6751691483&rd=1

(edit: why didn't that hyperlink?)

Edited by amm
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 3:13pm

Hey AMM, I looked at that biosilk at Sallys the other day but I wasnt sure what to get. Is it a conditioner or a leave in?

I also highly recommend Vixen Wigs on ebay, fastest shipping Ive ever had and the hair is great. Im still tipping but Im hoping to get an install done this weekend.

Em

SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 4:02pm

Oh, that's gorgeous, Octavia!

So let me get this straight then--the curl doesn't wall out of the WaWa? Or just very slowly? It's amazing that it's so curly after washing!

:)

RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 12:25am
Im leaning towards using the 3 packets I have for my own head.
She has a gorgeous mix of 613 and 27 for sale right now that would look good for hilights.

I have an oily scalp, I need to scrub it daily. Think I can pull it off?
octmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 8:16pm

Hi everyone,

Yes Jenny, I wrapped the very straight hair in these U shaped plastic bars, applied the heat clamp for a few seconds, and boom! I have washed it now three times, take regular showers....I am noticing that it is starting to clump up at the ends a bit more then I wanted, so I steamed it straight tonight, with a light mixture of softener in the steamer ( handheld from KMart - 19.95) it is almost straight, but at least the ends are not clumping together anymore. I will do a big soft curl like yours tomorrow!!!  I am still having problems with brushing it, I end up with a very long afro.

I am also having shedding problems - I started using a perm. fabric glue that dried right away, so I could put it in right away, but I do not think it is best for the shrink tubes.

I am thinking of buying the tubes from haircandy, but I am not quite understanding the math....Docs sells 450 for 29.99 and haircandy sells 250 for 32.99??? but everyone seems to feel that haircandy is a better price. did I miss a post somewhere?? I guess I will just ask

Also, I keep looking for a 22" wawa light brown...number 8 would be great. Any suggestions?

Octavia

GOT ART???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic