Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair growth w/extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair growth w/extensions
    Posted: February 18 2006 at 3:25pm

please read my post regarding my experience of wearing hair extensions and their affects (alopecia)

x

It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 9:41pm

i have had several clients experience hair growth- check this out

kathyb4.jpgthis is kathy b4kathy1yraftanolocs.jpgthis is kathy with no extensions and one year of growth!!!

kathynehairafta.jpg and new install-200 strands- Lush!

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
Naked Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naked Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 5:24pm
I've heard good things about the pre-natal vitamins too, but becareful,
because I think they contain high levels of iron or something. I would say
talk to the people at GNC or something. I think they also sell vitamins
specifically for hair and nail growth. I don't know if it works though.
lwray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 5:22pm
metalgirl, how do you suggest that people keep the bonds from matting together?  I'm trying to use extensions to grow out my own hair ... but especially in the lower layers on the back of my head, they're definitely matting together a bit no matter what I try.  :(
smshands28 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smshands28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 4:26pm
Alexa A, try a thermal protector.
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 2:59pm
I'd stop straightening it everyday chick x
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
Alexa A. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexa A. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 2:56pm
I currently have in 18" silky straight bohyme extensions. However, I've
only had them in for barely 2 weeks and they're already looking dried out
and dull. I wash them about once a week and use a straightening iron on
them daily. I usually try to air dry them too. I also use a leave-in
conditioner daily.
This happens frequently with the bohyme hair I purchase and since I can't
stand it when they start to feel all dry, frizzy and gross,I buy new hair
about every 3 weeks.
Bohyme hair is supposed to be high quality and stay soft and tangle-free
for at least 3 months..so why do mine have the life span of a couple
weeks? Does anyone know what I can do to extend the life of my ext.
hair?
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 6:59pm

I devoted a whole page on my site to a picture time line of growth. Check it out here:

http://www.haircandy.net/myhair.htm

octmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 1:09pm

Shrink tubes are helping grow my hair out. the microclamps ate it up, I just need to quit screwing with the colors, as I am sure that isn't helping my hair growth at all.

I worn cornrows with wefts attached for awhile, but became tired of the cornrows falling out, paying someone to put them in once a week or so, then to have everything slip all over again. Hair was in better condition with the cornrows though.

Octavia

Faces of Pain - One woman's Journey with Chronic Pain
www.octavaia@got-to-have-art.com
A world without ART is a world without color
GOT ART???
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 11:52pm

I have had clients successfully grow thier hair out while wearing shrink links.  There are 2 clients I can think of that got the extensions specifically for growing their hair out, and after a year or so they were happy enough with their natural hair to do without extensions. 

That is the exception, not the rule, simply because most clients who get hair become so addicted to it that they never want to be without it.  Do we have any hair addicts here? 

In any case, I'm fully confident that if shrink links are properly cared for by the client (they don't let it get matted)  and carefully removed by the extensionist, that it is a good way to grow hair out.  The removal is not difficult, I love their orange based residue solvent.  I'll try to find out what exactly it is and let you all know.

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 9:29pm

Well, my hair was pretty much trashed after hairlocs and fusion (I went from bra-strap length to 2- to 3-inch wisps of hair all over my head over the course of a couple months). But since I've been wearing pinchbraids, my hair is definitely growing again. It's a slow process, though. I don't take any hair vitamins, although I probably should.

:)

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 8:06pm
I've got a client who's been seeing me since August (wearing a microring weave, and then when her hair got long enough, pinchbraids in human hair). She has naturally very slow-growing hair, but she's put on at least 2 or 3 inches since then, and it's very nice and healthy-looking too. I think she took pre-natal supplements for a while (not for pregnancy, but because supposedly they have lots of good hair&nail vitamins).

-Rae
Joginny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joginny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 6:20pm

Has anyone been able to get sucessful hair growth while wearing extensions?  If so, what products did you use, vitimans etc....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic