Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My new Haar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My new Haar
    Posted: March 18 2005 at 7:55pm
I've been wearing this for about a month now, but I'm so bad about putting the finishing touches on my hair- I usually put it on, get it to an acceptable point, and then forget about it. But it's just about done:

Taken (by me, so excuse the bad self-portraiture) after a full day of school, running around setting up movie lighting. It looks pretty good for not having been brushed since this morning!

It's Plastikhaar, straight texture, in Pechswarz, Pepperoni, and one of the pale blondes...Satin, I think. My natural hair is lack and in chin-length dreads, so I braided in the hair until the bottom of the dreads, rubber-banded it off, and then tied in extra loose hair to the base of the braids. Oh, and I only really have hair on top of my head- the rest is shaved. The colors are layered so that the front and top are black, the perimeter (lowest layer on my head; about forehead height) is blond, and everything in-between is red.

It was longer (about lower-back length, and I'm pretty tall), but in my attempt to layer the black I cut it too short, so I had to layer the blond and red shorter to match it. I think I'll thin out the black even more to make it blend better. But I'm pretty happy with it now. It's incredibly easy to take care of now that it's four inches shorter, but even when it was long it was pretty well-behaved too- I only had to  blow-dry it straight once in the month since putting it in.

-Rae

(edited to fix photo)

Edited by zapevaj
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 9:05pm

Oh, that's beautiful! I love those three colors together, and the straight texture looks perfect with your hair and the short bangs. I especially like that Pepperoni--I keep flipping to it on my color ring over and over.

It's interesting: I remember a girl on Quinn's (can't remember who) said that the straight haar was supereasy to look after--moreso than the wavy textures, which makes sense. If you've only had to blow-dry once in a month, that's about as low-maintenance as it gets really (although I imagine dreads are even more low-maintenance).

So what's next? I think I remember you saying you were going to test-drive some Dome and Prostyles to see how they compare.

Again, it looks gorgeous! I liked the foam you did a while back, but I like this even better. :)

Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 9:40pm

Oh Yeah! Love Low Maitenance! Can't wait to get my rings!!!

I've been brewing on your pic Rae... It's saying to me copper/oarnge and teal panels by your ears(think T-Boz) Like Birds of a feather.

It's your art...just my perspective!

I'm still waiting for the day I'll grow big hairy balls and get dreads.

Don't want to scare my sons kindergarten teachers,PTA, or new(conservative)clients. Ahh...stereotypes...

Gna

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 9:42pm
Wow I'm so used to seeing your little picture under your name on Quinns site.  This is different but I like it.  Is the black shoulder length in the front?

It looks great especially for it being in a month already.

How high is your undercut?  I remember seeing some pictures of you with 'wedding hair'  a while back and it looks like your under cut isn't as high here but it could also be the angles and what not.

Can't wait to see the next project!

:)al
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 10:37pm
Wow Rae! That is really VERY artistic!! I love the colors. You can't really see the dreads in the picture but the length is good with the red and blonde flaming out at the bottom. Very very cool.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 10:47pm
Color combo is stunning. I bet you turn lots of heads with that hair. And I
really want that t-shirt you're wearing. Where'd you get it?
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 4:06am
i absolutely love it
i love plastikhaar
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 12:34pm

Artwork on head  

Nobody could ever tell you your hair is boring

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 9:53pm
I agree with Kimbearly, your hair is always a work of art Rae. And from one hairdo to another is so amazingly different. You are definitely a creative person!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic