Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

clip in hair extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blondie718 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: clip in hair extensions
    Posted: March 19 2005 at 3:04pm
Hey i was just wondering can clip in hair extensions come out if they are pulled in or if its very windy out? or does it take time to take them out?
tartandiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tartandiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 4:08pm

i've been looking at these clips and trying to find somewhere that sells them at a reasonable price and in packs of more than 2-5.... wheres the best place/s to browse?.

i have had a couple clipped in but only for a short period of time, but they seemed to hold the hair quite firm so i wouldn't think the wond would budge them....as for hair pulling they may come out, slip down or tangle depending on how hard your hair was pulled!

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 4:12pm
Why don't you make them yourself chick x
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 9:27pm
I made my own clip ins and if you yank on them they will slip some but the wind definitely won't take them out.
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 9:35pm
I saw one on the ground in the parking lot of the market once. Just be sure you have them in securely! LOL
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 9:40pm
LOL! Oh man. That's my nightmare. Getting tapped on the shoulder out in public and having someone hand me a wad of extensions -- "excuse me, miss, I believe this is your hair...?"
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 10:32pm
Good one Amm - I think we all have that thought in the back of our minds .  As for me who wears clip-ins everyday I have never had a problem with them slipping out of my hair -( except for the Sally Beauty Supply clips which are just awful.)  Kristen sells clips cheaper than I have seen around and she does not kill you with a huge shipping charge, so check out her site.  I have a toddler who likes to pull on my hair and not once has one slipped - yes pulled and hurt at times but I still have my hair in.  The one thing that does happen with clips is the threading that holds the clips onto the hair piece will wear out (usually happens after a month or so of everyday wear) so I always keep on hand someplace a needle and thread for mending.
mtolady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtolady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 11:58pm
I bought wefts and clips from Doc....i can't get the clips to stay in my hair.

but then my hair is pretty darn thick and silky.  seems like even though the clips have that silicone grab coating...they just don't make it into my hair enough to hold.

i think i sewed them in the right way.....teeth down....and when i pop them open, i pop toward my head, pop away to close them.
has someone been swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool again?
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 3:02am
If you get the clips with the little silicon sleeve on them they hold much better than the clip alone. The silicon sleeve helps to keep it from sliding.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tartandiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 3:51am
I am looking for the clips to buy and make my own, I have seen them on Kristens site and they are the best price I've seen (haven't seen any with silicone on them!, but i wasn't looking for them either... didn't know there was different ones), I was going to ask Kristen if she ships to the UK & get a qoute, cos other than huge prices on Ebay... I can't seem to find them around here, I think I seen one place that wanted £2 per clip in the UK..... so i might be cheaper to buy from the US & pay for the shipping
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 9:08am

I made one the other night...just for fun.

I have fine silky hair , too. So, I just teased and sprayed the area lightly.

Kim...good to know Sally's clips are no good. That's what I got. I'll order from Kristin next time!

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 4:50pm
I have a little trick when I put my extensions in.  I twist the section of hair that I want clipped.  For me it eliminates any stray hairs that may get pulled, it also gives the clip a fair amount of hair to clip onto. 
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 7:30pm

Let me know how many you want and I'll give you a quote with shipping to the UK.

I've been using Liquid Gold to glue my wefts to the clips and I've found that it works sooooooo great! I even had a guy pull on my hair *haha... he was flirting* and they didn't budge!

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 7:36pm
I use the Sally's clips and they have the little silicone sleeve.  I haven't had any trouble with mine they look identical to the pics on Kristins website.  Does Sally's sell differnt ones at different stores?  I know they have different stock at different locations in general....

:)al
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 8:47pm
The one at my Sallys are diagonal and not straight across on the bottom - on the package they say toupe clips.   On my hair they slip down and do not stay in place.

Edited by Kimbearly

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tartandiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 3:19am

tried to Pm but it keeps saying your name is not recognised !!!

anyway is it better to get a mixture of large & medium clips? and does the colour of clip you choose really matter?.... my hairs PINK!. Then I just need to find some funky coloured wefts & get practising.

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 6:33am
tartandiva - With pink hair you must have roots at least part of the time.  I'd go with whatever color your roots are.

Kimberly - come to think of it mine are angled though I don't have any of the packaging sitting around I know its yellow.  Though I'm not surprised, I still think it's funny that they work great for me and awful for others, such as yourself.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 7:06pm

I'd probably recommend doing the clips the same color as your hair so they blend. If I didn't know what color your hair was I'd pair them up with the light brown ones because those best match the hair color.

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 9:13pm

Kristen,

Do your clips have the silicon on them?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 9:22pm

That little layer of plastic? I sure do! You should be able to spot it in this picture:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic