Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tipping WaWa?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tipping WaWa?
    Posted: March 19 2005 at 6:53pm
Goodness! I'd like any tips (haha) on tipping this stuff. It doesnt come in a weft, comes loosely sewn (slides right off).

I wasted way too much of it. I got 38 tips out of 1/2 of the pack. I think I should be able to get around 50.

I am spreading a handful of hair out onto cardboard and waiting for it to get tacky then pulling it up.

Any more ideas?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 6:56pm

I just tipped about 1/4 bag of monofiber with this "techinque" (I use the term loosely): http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28838 &PN=1

I found it a lot easier than tipping each individual strand, but you'll probably need to go back and reinforce them a bit. I think the greater advantage may be in less waste (of glue and hair).

:)

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 7:10pm
Rose, I know. And that little sewn in part slips a little here and there and then the hair is uneven. No suggestions here other than work slow and easy. Welcome to bulk. Ain't it grand? 
brandi34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandi34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2005 at 9:16pm
What is the best way to get out Monkey Barz glue???Does vegetable oil work?
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 3:18am

I wrap a rubber band very tightly just under where the gold thread is they tied it with. Then I hang it and snip off what I need. Amm is right about that little string, its a pain in the butt.

Im using Gorilla Glue to tip with and it takes forever to dry. I have one of those wooden shoe racks that has 4 shelves on it. I put that on a TV tray, and it makes a great drying rack for the hair. I can get a bunch done at once and then just leave it to dry and cure.

Edited by EmmaSkye
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2005 at 3:24am
It is quite staticky at the moment. I wonder if I should purchase some liquid fabric softener, put in a spray bottle with water as someone recommended. Give it a spray down prior to install?

I was thinking a clamp would be nice. Keep it all in one place!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic