Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bi-Racial frizzy hair.. HELP!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sweetcandicurlz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetcandicurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 9:51pm
Something I have also learned is that you shouldn't wash her hair everyday b/c the more you wash it the drier it gets and all the natural oils are being washed out, leaving it dry. It would probably be best just to wash it a maximum of 3 times a week. When I was little my mom would put baby oil or baby lotion not too much just the amount that you think should be enough for her hair. Well, if you didn't already know this, I hope I helped.
I love chocolate and monkeys!!I'm the sweetest peanutbutter cup chica you'll ever want to meet! love, hugs, and kisses.
hairfitness101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfitness101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 6:19am
That is good advice. I don't have to wash hers everyday because i dont use hairspray and other gunky products(unless she gets food in her hair or something.HaHa)
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 8:51am
I agree with curliegirl.  I wouldn't put too many products in a 2 year olds hair, just pure oils.  I would just keep her hair braided or corn-rowed as much as possible since she is so young.  I am african-american and that's how most of our little ones wear their hair.
Nora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2005 at 12:45pm
I know this is an old thread, but I was using the search mode here and found it.  I just started using the KRLY Kids line from Ouidad (http://www.ouidad.com/shop_dept.asp?dept_level=6) and wish I'd found it month ago.  I tried lots of things including oil which didn't look good.  It works wonderfully.  I only shampoo her hair once a week or so, but I get it wet with water every day (sometimes after her nap too!) and run the conditioner through it.  Their botanical boost is a must--evenin the diaper bag.  She has beautiful hair.  Very fine ringlets that get frizzy very easily, but with these products her ringlets usually keep great definition all day.  Very soft though - not sticky or greasy or gel like.  I love her hair and tell her that every day - these curls stick out all over her head just like I hoped they would.   I cannot wait for them to get longer.   Which is another story.  When her hair is wet it is well past her shoulders and when it's dry these ringlets look like they are about 2 inches long.

Edited by Nora
Nora
Olivia Janae...11-10-03
Melina Kristine...4-11-05

tintin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tintin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2005 at 2:42pm
See an afro hair stylist.
nykol95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nykol95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2005 at 7:42pm
I also have a daughter who is half balck/white.  Her hair when she was little, was soooo curly that it was curled up to her head in a tight curl.  Now she is almost 11, and her hair is still hard to do.  The top is wavy and the bottom is still really curly.  She loves her hair, and I do too!  When she was little her hair was up some way, pony tail, pig tails, barids, cornrolls... you name it and thats how it was except for down.  Now that she is older she does not want it up.  She loves her curls, just cant handle the brushing out.  Her hair is so thick that no brush or comb or anything in between goes straight through!  We have to brush in layers.  Your daughter is too little to make the choice, put it up!   This weekend I'm talking our daughter to get her hair thined.  If it works hopefully we can let her ware it down. 
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2005 at 9:30am

Originally posted by nykol95 nykol95 wrote:

I also have a daughter who is half balck/white.  Her hair when she was little, was soooo curly that it was curled up to her head in a tight curl.  Now she is almost 11, and her hair is still hard to do.  The top is wavy and the bottom is still really curly.  She loves her hair, and I do too!  When she was little her hair was up some way, pony tail, pig tails, barids, cornrolls... you name it and thats how it was except for down.  Now that she is older she does not want it up.  She loves her curls, just cant handle the brushing out.  Her hair is so thick that no brush or comb or anything in between goes straight through!  We have to brush in layers.  Your daughter is too little to make the choice, put it up!   This weekend I'm talking our daughter to get her hair thined.  If it works hopefully we can let her ware it down. 

Be careful with thinning because sometimes it can make the hair more uncontrollable because as it grows back in it is even more "puffy" because of the different lengths.  I'm glad she loves her curls.  I don't know if you buy online or not but Qhemet Biologics has a great line of products for natural hair.  They have a detangler that is supposed to be awsome.  Everyone loves it.  I'm hoping to try it soon.  It may help with your daughter's comb out.

CURLSguru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CURLSguru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 1:14pm

Hello JussMe,

I just sent a reply, but it didn't post.  I am new to this site, but an old hair care soul.  I am the Founder of CURLS (www.curls.biz).  This post stood out to me for various reasons.  I would love to help you with your angel's hair care regime.  I have a host of do it your self hair care tips, and articles you can review.  I have authored articles, on this topic, for various sources. 

Feel free to email me directly at mdellinger@curls.biz

keg265 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keg265 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 7:39am
You should tey a Curve Salon , they have this product called Curly Pudding and Baby Buttercream . Try the hair styling ateps on that site.
I Hate Bad Hair Days.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic