Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

white nail polish look

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ashley Rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: white nail polish look
    Posted: March 20 2005 at 11:06pm
Hey, When I see celebs with white nail polish, is it a special kind of white nail polish or can you use the same white polish that's included in a french manicure kit?  I feel like a dork saying this, but I saw this pic of Hilary Duff and her nail polish was really light (it looked white but I don't have perfect vision and it was a small pic), and I thought it looked really cute.  I like the idea of using a really light pink, blue, yellow, or even a white shade, but as for the white, I have no clue if it is different from the white polish you get when you do the tips on a french manicure.  I mean, her polish didn't look shimmery so I'm guessing it was a more matte or just shiny color, not metallic or shimmery or glittery.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.
CandiGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandiGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 1:04pm

Hey, I actually just bought a white polish that looks great!  It's Maybelline Wet Shine in Shimmering Snow.  Hope that helps.

Ashley Rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 11:13am
Hi, Thanks for replying to my question.  I have white nail polish in a French manicure kit, but I was hesitant to try it in case it would look too matte or something.  I'll definitely check out the Maybelline one you mentioned next time I'm at the store. 
VeeDubGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 5:34pm
I agree, Maybelline's Shimmering Snow is a great white color, another nice one that I've been using is, Mary Kay's "White Lace" it has a really  nice glossy finish. 
cherrybabe605 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrybabe605 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 1:04am
Hey-I saw an ad with hilary duff in it ((it was for her line of clothes at Target)) and i saw her in some really neat white nail polish. I agree-it didn't look shiny, kinda like she took white out and painted on her nails. It looked a little weird, but I'm sure in real life it looks really cool
jean32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jean32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 3:10am
It could be sheer white nail polish or tinted white nail polish.French manicures use tinted pink nail polish. 
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 7:10am
I've used solid bright white nail polish in the past, but its so like white blank paper I always want to paint over it.  Just me.  Anyway I bought the cheapo one you get for a buck at the drug store (I can check the brand name at home if you need to know).  Colorstay also makes some new colors now, I tried a whitish one that is a little translucent and slightly a pinker shade of white (kind of like the french manicure kind of white), I like it better than the solid white out look.  Stays on really long without chipping too (about 6 days for me).

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
babi_gurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babi_gurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 7:24pm

maybe ill have to look into that. whats the brand? i got a manicure and pedicure just 3 days ago and already they look like hell. srry for the language. but maybe they are chipped because i  went to the beach...i dont know...i need help though. and i hope someone replies to me. i get so goddam mad when people just ignore me, when i am in plain print. so, all u, who know a thing or 2 about what i need help with, i would NOT mind a few replies.

<3,

emzy

Em
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 6:46am
Cursing at people or using a threatening tone is not going to make them want to interact with you, it will only push most people away.  There's no reason to get upset if people don't respond.  It's not that they are ignoring you, it may just be that they don't know the answer to your questions. 

I'm at work again now, so I will check that brand's name for you when I go home and let you know.

Edited for spelling

Edited by Susan W
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 8:51am
Originally posted by babi_gurl babi_gurl wrote:

maybe ill have to look into that. whats the brand? i got a manicure and pedicure just 3 days ago and already they look like hell. srry for the language. but maybe they are chipped because i  went to the beach...i dont know...i need help though. and i hope someone replies to me. i get so goddam mad when people just ignore me, when i am in plain print. so, all u, who know a thing or 2 about what i need help with, i would NOT mind a few replies.

This is your first post in this thread, and you're upset nobody's responded to you yet? Are you the original poster under a different name?

Edited by eKatherine

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
babi_gurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babi_gurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 10:22am
ok. gotcha. :)
no more bad language, tone
Em
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 4:57pm
The white one I have that looks like liquid paper is Wet N'Wild, and the color is 449B (stays on for ~2 days, but you can always touch up the ends where it chips for longer, I usually do that for up to a week - pretty good for a buck I say).  The Colorstay is the pinker white translucent one, and the color I have is "true camisole sheer".
babi_gurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babi_gurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 5:01pm

thanks. and srry for my bad mouth. ive been cussing off the hook. lol its obsessive

Em
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic