Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are you going to change your hair style

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
diamondprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are you going to change your hair style
    Posted: March 21 2005 at 7:37am
Are you going to change your hair style or regimen for the warmer weather?  I think I will be wearing more braid outs and phony ponies.  I did this last summer and my hair really benefited from the frequent washes and not using heat ( even though I only use heat about once a week).
DiamondPrincess   

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 8:46am
Well on Friday, I had my hair lightened and trimmed for growth(i'm trimming by the moonphases for the rest of the year). If i achieve my short-term hair goal by june- i will be wearing my phonypony, if not then i'll continue to wear my fro.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 7:36pm

Diamondprincess!! I was wondering the same thing!! My sister is great at braiding hair so she will be doing my braidouts. I LOVE my hair loose and I will find it hard to bun all the time but I will be cutting down the heat usage to about twice a month.

Carmeldiva!! My family has a long line of Native American roots and we always trim by the moon phases. I think it does have some significance. (I believe you trim when the moon is waxing) It's amazing the knowledge our ancestors have about little things like trimming hair!!

http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 11:15pm
That's so cool, Honeydoo. well friday was my first trim by the moon and i have scheduled two more prior to this year's end. I will let you know how it it's going after the second trim in July.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 7:18am
I think i will wear my hair out alot more in the summer, braidouts and such. Hopefully, I will be able to do a pony tail and i'll wear that. I like to wet my hair alot more in the summer, i think by this summer I will only be doing conditioner washes, but thats a big IF, i feel the need to clarify my hair often, I guess i will do a no shampoo challenge for myself.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 10:45am
Sounds good Cmesweet! I'm enjoying my braidout so far although I have not mastered sleeping on it without messing up the curls. What do you use to keep it moisturized? I just bought S-curl moisturizing spray and have been misting it on my hair. It works great. I think wearing it like this will help me from measuring my hair all the time. So by the end of the summer, I'll be surprised by the growth. (Although I do have new growth already.)
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 8:02am
I just use a spray bottle with water and a light oil (to seal in the moisture) Do a light spritz, make sure to spritz a distancefrom your head, I do one on each side. That way it will cover a larger area, than if it was close. Then I just put my fingers thru it and call it a day.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 8:15am
I did my first twist out last night, I just did a section since today was wash day for me. I had been wanting to try that style but could never seem to get my twist to look right, I love them. I plan on wearing my hair in twist outs alot, as a way to avoid heat. depending on how long the style, I might add a conditioner wash or two each week.

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 12:17pm

sounds great!!! I am wearing a twist out right now and i love it, so crinkaly (sp?). I took it down last night and well let the crinks stay. I am thinking about twisting it up for the rest of the week and takeing it down Saturday night and wearing a twist out Sunday. I'm not sure how long it will last but it looks good at this moment.

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 5:20pm
I know I ALWAYS say that I'm going to start wearing twist out and braid outs more (Which I am), but let me tell you, it is Hard for me because I'm use to wearing my hair loose all the time. When I can't touch it or play in it, I get frustated. (I know, I need help.) I do like the styles though. My main concern was keeping them moisturized and in good shape.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic