Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Update on my HisandHer Cuticle Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
saucyblossom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saucyblossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update on my HisandHer Cuticle Hair
    Posted: March 21 2005 at 1:29pm
 Oh and DON"T SCRUNCH! If you want waves store the hair in a braid- scrunching definitely causes tangles.
Early years are learning years, make them count!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 12:37pm
Gosh, I'm really shocked. The H&H cuticle I got was the least tangly human hair I've ever had, but it's true that any hair that long will tangle somewhat. You need to comb it out, gently from bottom, at least twice a day, and that's with any hair--Great Lengths, Bohyme, H&H, it doesn't matter. Biosilk, Citre Shine, and leave-in conditioners are all good options, too.

I'm assuming, because these are clip-ins, you haven't been washing them much, right? Because you really want to wash them as little as possible. If you're experiencing "stringiness," it's probably because there's too little hair for the length you have. I don't see how the hair itself could be stringy if it's not installed using a strand-by-strand method. Hmmm.....

The silky straight is quite straight, so I don't think schrunching would be enough to make it wavy, per se. You'll probably need to use a waving iron or a curling iron. I can't see why a curling iron wouldn't work either, if a waving iron and a flatiron do. I know you were having issues with the spriral iron because the hair was too long for it, but I would think if you used a standard curling iron, you'd have better results.

If you get a chance, Amy, please post some pics. I'm curious to see what's going on with this hair, because it usually performs very well, and again, if it looks stringy, I think it may be a matter of the amounts or styling.

Oh yeah--and I definitely wouldn't perm it.

:)

Edited by Jenny_RR
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 12:19pm
Amy, that is some really long hair you have and really long hair tangles, pure and simple. Even with this PH I'm working on, in its long length, it's a monster to brush, but with 4" off the bottom, it's a whole different animal - much MUCH easier to brush and stays tangle free a lot longer. I remember the same with HH back when I wore it 20" long - very tangly.

And again, don't process that hair if you intend on using it for much longer. H&H cuticle is processed already and the nicer you treat it, the longer it will last. Perming and/or coloring it will definitely shorten its useful life, like down to 2 more weeks max.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saucyblossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 11:50am

Sorry for all the typos- typing reallly fast at work.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saucyblossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 11:49am

Hi AMy-

If I were you I wouldn't perm it- you paid too much money to risk ruining it, and it could very well turn it to mush. If I recall you made beautiful clip ins with this hair- I wore clip ins for years and they are hard to keep from getting tangled, especially the longer the length- You just have to be so careful to comb them out and store them braided or very flat to avoid tangling- I find that extensions that are antalled by fusion, shrinkies , whatever are actually easir mto care for than clip ins because youhave a built in way to brush them out, since they are attached to you head. CLip ins are not comfortable to comb while wearing ( and it's very hard on your real hair), and it's very difficult to comb them out when they are not attached to something- it just takes alot of patience.  Good luck to you, remember to be patient and biosilk will probably help.

amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2005 at 11:39am

Well, things aren't going so good. Its been very snarley. I tried to scrunch it so it would be wavey, but now its just stringy and very piecy. I can't put a pick or brush through it without encountering knots, knots, and MORE knots! :( It was so nice when it came in the mail. But now its just a disappointment considering all the money I paid. I am hoping there is a product that will help it. I bought detangler which has helped a little.

On a different note, A while back some people said that you can perm extensions. I also heard that its bad to. Which is true? I am starting to thing it would be easier if it were curly because curly hair disguises pieciness. I tried to use the regular curling iron on it, but its just not taking any curl at all! The only appliances that worked on it were the wave and flat irons.

Oh and, I was thinking of putting subtle copper highlights in my hair. Would it look stupid with the extensions not matching?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic