Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Advice for Our Newbies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Drienswelf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drienswelf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Advice for Our Newbies
    Posted: September 27 2018 at 3:06am
Not only your dressing matters,your hair style also. Hair style plays a well role in your personality. Your hairstyle impacts on other. A well personality person have also well styled hair. 
I found a new site on which there is a huge collection of latest and updated hair style. I checkout the styles from here and make new style like that. You can find new,updated and well styled haircut from the site also  - Kids Haircuts
Drienswelf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drienswelf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2018 at 2:57am
There are a lot of designs of hair in the world. You can't apply all in one time. So what you need to do you pick just one style in one time. but that style you pick should be unique and pretty handsome and trendy. If you have long hair then you can make much hair designs because there are more hair designs for long hair. Here i am sharing you one legend site that have many handsome,latest,updated and trendy hair designs.  A lots of designs for kids,girls,men and for women. You can check from here 
- Kids Haircuts
RebelPrincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebelPrincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2018 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Honeydoo Honeydoo wrote:

I thought it would be nice to have a thread for all the new members that come here in search for hair tips. We can pass on the hair advice we received that has helped us achieve (and to continue to achieve) healthier hair.

My learning process was slow, but once I saw results, I was hooked and thristy to learn more. My hair benefitted from it. First, let me tell you what my hair was like, BEFORE I began taking good care of it:

As a child my hair was always healthy and shiny and even through high school, even though I used 'grease' on my scalp, washed my hair every two weeks, and never really moisturized it. (I thought moisture was oiling my hair) But I started to hot comb it when it was relaxed and curl it on occasion. The salons I went to were not very informative on hair care and just went when my hair began to look bad only to repeat the same destructive process. Then two years ago it was starting to feel like straw and coming out in clumps. (If you could have seen pictures, you would cry for me.) Then I decided to do some research and take care of my hair better. I had to make the brave decision to cut my hair even. I went to the salon and balled like a baby because my hair was sooo damaged it had to be cut up to 1 inch in the back and up to my ear in the front so I had a bob. I had never had my hair shorter than shoulder length so it was quite a shock. But this hair dresser helped me out alot and gave me good info to start with. I got alot of compliments about the cut too. So this is the hair advice I live on now:

1. I try to avoid products with mineral oil and petroleum. If I can't fully avoid it, Ill find a product that has this as one of the last ingredients.

2. I keep my ends protected at all times. When I do wear my hair out, I make sure I'm wearing a hair friendly top and I keep it well moisturized.

3. Moisture, Moisture, Moisture!!! Different from hair oil and mandatory for healthy hair. I moisturize my hair a couple times a day.

4. No Hot Comb on relaxed hair. A big NO NO!! I learned this the hard way. (My mom still does it!)

5. Make sure to use protein in your hair once in a while. While moisture is good, you also need to strengthen your hair. A good protein treatment or protein conditioner is good to use once a month or every 2 weeks. (Some use it more but remember to use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. Protein has the tendency to make your hair hard.)

6. Drink more water, less of the sweet stuff. I never was a soda drinker (or 'pop'depending on where you are from), but water is tons better for not only your hair but your whole body. Adding more fresh fruits and veggies helps too, not too mention beans, eggs, and whole grains.

7. Exercise. It gets the blood circulating all over. And you might as well look as good as your hair!!

8. Trim your hair on a as-needed basis. Some trim every 8 weeks like clockwork, but if my ends are still in tact, I keep them protected and hold off until they do need them.

9.Less heat, more washing. I've found that if I rollerset my hair and sit under a dryer, I have less breakage. But if you can avoid heat all together your hair will thank you for it. I also wash 2 times a week now and my scalp feels alot better.

10. Comb from the ends to the roots for less breakage.

These are a few tips that were passed on to me when I first started getting my hair together. I hope it helps all of you the way it has helped me. Sorry this is so long but I wanted to share all of this with everyone. Happy Hair!!!

I've read a lot of blogs on hair care and did research so here are the main points to focus on:

• diet/ vitamins
  • shampoo and conditioner
  • hairstyling
  • hairbrush
It's very important to get essential vitamins and minerals from the food you eat as they are essential nutrients for your body including hair. You should only apply shampoo on very wet hair, also washing your hair too often can be the reason for it getting dry. I recommend that you read http://mystraightener.com/ -  this blog as it has all the info about hair styling products that are the best for your hair. 

In conclusion, from my experience hairbrush makes a difference too. I use only wooden hairbrush because it provides massage and blood flow to the scalp and spreads natural oil over the hair. I don't want to make this post very long so if you like you can read more http://mystraightener.com/best-wooden-hairbrush/ -  here. 

I hope this was helpful to you. All the best, take care! 

Edited by RebelPrincess - May 30 2018 at 9:49am
Love yourself. It is important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out.
Melrose Hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2013 at 7:22am
Thanks for such an informative thread. I appreciate it.
Melrose Hair product range includes virgin hair extensions, hair clip in extension, u tip hair extensions, remy human hair weave extensions and tape hair extensions.
Sahara_desert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sahara_desert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2013 at 10:56am
I was wondering if anyone has any hair tips for mixed hair? I'm white, my daughter is 1/2 black (only bringing race into this post so you get a better idea about her hair type, which I desperately want to do the right thing for!!) She has super curly hair with a smooth texture, that runs approximately to her chest line when wet. I almost always (unfortunately!) keep it in a ponytail because when it dries and I go to brush it later before bed, it is not a happy situation for anyone!! I always wet it when I brush it, and it can still be quite challenging. I was using baby shampoo for curly hair, but as she gets bigger (she's now 4) that shampoo just doesn't seem to be cutting it. I switched to the Pantene that I use on my hair and that seemed to work great for awhile, but now I'm noticing that it's starting to get really frizzy in spots. I don't know if it's the shampoo? Is it because I put it in a ponytail when wet? Is it my hairbrush? Is her hair just changing? I really want to do the right thing for her hair. It's gorgeous but I'm at a complete loss on how to take care of it! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
floweroos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floweroos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2012 at 9:16pm
it is good information and advice.
richa121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richa121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 5:17am
Yes all smart mom will definitely love this.Thank you so much.
arroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 5:07am
learn a lot from u Approve
jonyyggreg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyyggreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2011 at 12:21pm
Beauty tips and admonition one footfall further, will absorb the aberrant your hair afore traveling to bed. If you accept accomplished hair, again use the air conditioning mousse, blubbery hair, with a adequate balm. In both cases, adjust through analogously applied.
raysymond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raysymond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2011 at 7:33pm
Beauty tips and advice one step further, will involve the weaving your hair before going to bed. If you have fine hair, then use the air conditioning mousse, thick hair, with a relaxing balm. In both cases, comb through evenly applied.
shannonmegan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shannonmegan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2011 at 11:30pm
If you want to consider wearing weaves. you should do your research and you can find some really good prices.

Edited by shannonmegan - September 11 2011 at 8:59am
wigslover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigslover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 1:09am
Lace front wigs

Edited by Administrator - June 21 2012 at 5:13pm
beautiful hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautiful hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 4:42pm

Edited by beautiful hair - August 27 2011 at 5:27pm
beautiful hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautiful hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 4:41pm
HELLO LADIES

Edited by Karen Shelton - August 27 2011 at 5:25pm
LaraMasterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaraMasterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2011 at 4:14pm
This is all excellent advice!

I've also found different types and combinations of herbs lead to faster hair growth.

I've also tried a lot of products and the Urielpure Strengthening Conditioner has done wonders in stopping breakage and keeping my hair beautiful

The internet is wonderful in that it allows us to share information quickly and on such a massive scale.

Cheers,

Lara

Edited by Karen Shelton - August 24 2011 at 6:18am
AnnieHoward View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieHoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 4:17am
thanks for the advice ^-^
davids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 1:50am
I appreciate the great advice fpr newbie like me on taking good care of our hair.. the type of hair a person has — whether it's straight or curly — can also affect how shiny it is. Sebum, which is the natural oil on the hair, covers straight hair better than curly hair, which is why straight hair can appear shinier.
Try the new Indian Hair Style Extension. Visit http://www.jetsetgirlcelebrityhair.com now!
saç kaynak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saç kaynak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 6:20am
Thank you for your kind hair advice.
Thanks a lot.

Edited by Karen Shelton - August 24 2011 at 6:53am
jamshill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamshill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2011 at 6:12am
I think that the hair stylist knows better what to do with your hair

Edited by Karen Shelton - August 27 2011 at 5:25pm
Dont worry, be happy!
sidway89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidway89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2011 at 12:21am
This ad is very important for those people,who wants there hair sily, & nurshing....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic