Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FROM RELAXER TO NATURAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
zee9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zee9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 11:52pm
Oops!   I meant to say you "HIT" the nail on the head.........
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 6:33am

Originally posted by zee9 zee9 wrote:

Definately TRIAL AND ERROR. You it the nail on the head
Pokahontas. You pretty much have to get to know your natural hair and
what works best for it.

Yes, and beleive me, I have had a lot of trial and error.....and I still am.

DANNETTA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNETTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 12:07pm
I AM JUST ABOUT READY TO DO THE BIG CHOP WITHIN THE NEXT MONTH OR SO. ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO I DID THE SAME THING AND CHOPPED ALL MY HAIR OFF IN HOPES OF GROWING DREADS. AFTER A COUPLE OF MONTHS I GAVE UP AND THREW ANOTHER RELAXER IN. NOW A COUPLE OF YEARS LATER I AM BACK TO THAT ROAD AGAIN. ANYWAY, WHILE MY HAIR WAS STILL SHORT THEN, I PUT A TEXTURIZER IN IT TO HELP WITH MANAGEMENT. DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE ANY OPINIONS OR VIEWS ABOUT USING TEXTURIZERS ON NATURAL HAIR?
ME IN TRANSITION WEARING CROCHET BRAIDS
DANNETTA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNETTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 12:56pm

WELL,ABOUT A WEEK AGO I CUT THE MAJORITY OF MY RELAXER OUT. . IT WAS SCARY AT FIRST,BUT THEN ONCE I STARTED CUTTING,I JUST KEPT ON GOING. I STILL HAVE A LITTEL RELAXER LEFT AT THE TOP, BUT FOR THE MOST PART, ALL OF IT IS CUT OUT IN THE BACK. I HAVE BEEN WEARING IT IN A CURLY FRO WITH A SCARF AROUND THE FRONT OR BARRATS IN FRONT. I'M LIKING IT SO FAR. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL IT STARTS TO GROW,SO I CAN FINALLY HAVE AN AFRO PUFF THAT IS ACTUALLY MY OWN HAIR! ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO KEEP MY HAIR FROM BEING SO DRY?

ME IN TRANSITION WEARING CROCHET BRAIDS
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2005 at 3:10pm
Moisturize your hair with shea or avocado butter. 
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 8:04am
Shea butter or Olive oil should help keep it moisturized.  Congrats on becoming natural!
*NOT*Principle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *NOT*Principle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2005 at 10:18am
buy a can of budweiser beer and use it as a hair rinse after you condition your hair.  i did this the other day it it made my hair draw up and kinda revert and i have a relaxer!  i was pissed because i'm keeping my relaxer.  once i put oils in it and brushed it out it was smooth straight again though. 
"To each his own"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic