Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

garnier fructis long & strong system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: garnier fructis long & strong system
    Posted: March 22 2005 at 6:57pm

i'm still new to this forum so i don't know if this product has been reviewed before, but even if it has i'd just like to give my opinion:

about a month and a half ago i had extreme breakage, and nothing seemed to be helping.  i was so afraid i'd have to cut off about four inches to fix it, but luckily before it got to that point i found a wonderful new product: garnier fructis long & strong leave-in.  it said specifically on the label that it was meant to fix breakage and split ends, and it was only $3.99 so i figured, worth a try right?  WORTH WAY MORE THAN JUST A TRY.  after about a week of using it, my breakage was virtually gone.  i've been using it regularly for a while now, and the breakage has not returned.  even better than that- yesterday i was desperate and i reached for the straightening iron.  it didn't work as usual but managed to give me excessive breakage.  when i got home i washed my hair and applied the long & strong afterwards and by the time my hair was dry the damage was almost all gone.

conclusion- if you have split ends or breakage, garnier long & strong leave-in is your best friend.

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 6:01pm

FYI to all readers,

Long & Strong contains silicones. After a period of experimentation with L&S, it is recommended that you clarify your hair to check for breakage. Silicones have been associated with the creation of masked breakage for some hair types, especially curly or wavy, or fine stranded. The silicone can act as a "glue" to make the breakage not show until the glue is stripped away with a clarifier.

If silicones work for you Katja, that's WONDERFUL!!! I'm glad you found something that you really like. Silicones definitely work for my hair type too. I love my cones to the bitter end.

But they don't work for everyone, so folks, please be careful.

Anais 

my LJ, 40 inches long
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 9:16pm

hehe, i love my cones too.   

i didn't realize L&S had them until you pointed it out though- which seems odd to me because i'm an avid label reader- so i'd like to see what happens when i clarify.

mysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 2:06pm
I just read this and have to get some L&S and try it out, cones never hurt my hair I love them to a point.
Cindy

8 months to *Mid-Back*..give or take!
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2005 at 3:16pm
i love my cones. they make my hair so much better looking, and they dont cause any more breakage than what i started out with. i will definately give this one a try
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic