Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paidnfull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paidnfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help!
    Posted: March 23 2005 at 7:40am

I just cut my braids out last week tuesday. I've been brushing like crazy since then. I use pink oil in my hair and have a spritzer bottle for my hair mixed with conditioner in it. I use the both of them when i brush.I follow all the shampooing steps and the get out the shower and while my hair is wet, I rub pink oil in then murrays pomade and then brush. I get a smooth pattern goin and my back is already wavin. Before i go to sleep i do the little spritzer and pink oil and brush for like almost a hour and then spritz my rag. I wake up in the morning and then my hair looks dry and non wavy as carpet. Why is this and what should i do!

CharlieHustle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieHustle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 3:04pm

Stop using the pink oil/conditioning spritzer at night. Here's what I do:

1. Shower/Thoroughly clean my hair.

2. Get out and dry off but leave my hair the way it is.

3. Brush my hair until it is at a reasonable moistness. (not visibly wet,but moist to the touch)

4. Apply the grease to my hair. (I personally use the Dax red can)

5. Brush my hair until grease is evenly distributed and comb out any clumps of grease.

6. Brush for another 15-20 mins.

7. Wash my face w/ Nutrogena face wash. (removes any grease that is on my face from brushin)

8. Give a quick touch up to my hair

9. Throw the du-rag on.

10. Wake up in the morning, brush my hair after getting dressed brushin teeth n whatever.

11. If hair needs some shine, throw a SMALL amount of pink lotion in,brush and du-rag for 5 mins

12. Off to class

I found that the pink lotion overnight dryed out my hair severly.

Who got more style than son do?
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 3:39pm

Wow.  Awesome tips.  Thanks for sharing.  You are the 3rd person in the last week that said the pink lotion will dry out hair. 

Do you use a special comb to get the xtra grease out or just a regular comb?

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
CharlieHustle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieHustle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2005 at 11:26am

I find that alot of people I speak to about waves agree that pink lotion dry's out your hair. I would say try and use a fine tooth comb to get the clumps out.I will try and get some pics up to show my waves. It's been about 3 month's and they are spinning hard. Since you recently cut your braids off, I would say let your hair grow for about 6 months,getting a cut once a month and a line up in between then. This will allow your waves to develop a pattern and become nice and deep at the same time.

I find that washing my hair every other day and putting grease in every other day makes my hair easier to maintain and keep clean w/ that healthy natural look.

Who got more style than son do?
Paidnfull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paidnfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 9:29am
Thanks. I think that pink lo lo is best for low cuts. When my hair was low it looked moist now that it got kinda thick it gets dry. I read the old 360 archives and found a new produc to try, lets jam so im going to see how it does. I tried twistas method but that baby oil kinda made my hair stick up. So i hope i will have success with that let's jam. I need to figure out how to set up them pics. Like a link or something. So people can see my progress.
Paidnfull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paidnfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 11:07am
This is a test to so if my pic links come up.
Lil. B.J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil. B.J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2006 at 10:50am
That swhy I dont use it
essco waves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essco waves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2006 at 11:28am
the pink lotion worked nice for me
sjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2006 at 12:17pm

pink lotion has the problem of buildin up in ur hair and not getting absorbed into the scalp. its not really that ur hair is dry. but when you brush over again, all the product comes to the surface.

the addition of spritz isnt helping. mixing water and pink lotion adds to the buildup. stop using the spritz... you should establish ur waves first, but i think after you have done that, youll find that you dont even need the spritz anyway.

try what charliehustle said.

LBoog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LBoog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2006 at 12:26pm

yeah great advice charliehustle

i never really used pink lotion, but yeah if it drys out ya hair den find another moisterizer, like carrot creme by hollywood beauty, or mane n tail carrot creme,or any moisterizer.

follow wat sjay and charliehustle said

Al B Sure negro with the hair all wavy
Hit lakeshore girls go all crazy
Hit the freeway go at least bout 80
Boned so much that summer even had him a baby
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic