Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WaWa thoughts...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
saucyblossom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saucyblossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WaWa thoughts...
    Posted: March 27 2005 at 10:34am

Hi all,

I bought the 613/27 for my daughter and it looks  GREAT! THe lighter colors, for some weird reason are also silkier thatn the darker colors (#4, J99)  that I have used in the wa wa so far.  But anyway, the 613/27  really looks great in light brown hair-  LOTS OF OOH LA LA factor.

Saucy

Early years are learning years, make them count!
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 9:55am

OK, Just got a reply from Bella Beauty Supply.

Here was my question:

"You have a bunch of colors in the 'drop down menu', but then you also show a bunch of *other* colors in the picture (i.e. 10, 12, 14, 18, 19, 22, etc.). Are these colors available? Do you have a color ring for sale?"

Their answer:

"The available colors are in the 'drop down menu', The pictures with the colors are only the basic chart colors, to give you a small idea of the colors we are talking in the "drop down menu".

Into the drop down menu we are giving you the number and the name of every one of the available colors.

We do not have ring colors for sale because we are working with different companies and the colors varies slightly"

AMM - I would love to see a picture of your 27/613 blend!!

Thanks - Fina

FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 5:39pm

Yes you're right -- Bella Beauty Supply does have a 27/613 mix on the drop down menu. But they also show those thumbnails of a bunch of different 'other' colors. I'm going to send an email and see what I can find out. . . will report later. . .

Edited by FinaFina
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 5:24pm
I'm under the impression that the Hot Stuff does come in a 613 "piano-style" mix with something else (maybe 27), so if we could pick out all the light-blonde parts, we'd be in business. :)
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 5:20pm
Fina, it looks like we're SOL on the blondes! Hopefully soon we will be seeing more blonde to light brown shades!
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 5:15pm

AMM - I want to try the Hot Stuff but on both the links you posted before I didn't see the color range you had a picture of. Is HotStuff available in blondes??

(sorry if this question is remedial. . .)

Fina

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 5:12pm
AMM: You're awesome. I'd love to check that Hot Stuff out, but I must send you something in return...some hair, supplies, my firstborn...I'll PM you.

About the shine: It has subsided so much with my Dome/PH combo that it's no shiner than my real hair now. That said, I've also noticed that there's a noticeable difference in shine, even within the same brand, depending on the color. The Dome and PH whites, for example, are quite matte, whereas the light blondes are quite shiny, at least on application. And even within the light blondes, Vanille looks a bit less shiny to me than Satin, but the difference is really very subtle, and after a few washes, it'd probably be the same. The Barbie Pink (strange as this is) is another one that seems fairly matte, while the Kirschrot has more of a shine to it. Dunno why, or whether this applies to other synth brands, but it seems to be the case with Dome and PH at least.

Octavia: Don't worry--we all spend way too much time on our hair. But as vices go, it's a fairly harmless one. :)
octmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 1:35pm

What is hot stuff fusion? I suppose I can do a websearch :) This is the only synth. that I have tried, except when I had it in long mirco braids for a summer. I just wish mine would keep the softness. When I add the new hair, I will go with just a soft curl I guess Jenny - I thought the Wawa would only curl with heat and water misted on it. I haven't tried setting it yet...hmmmm

I spend WAY too much time on this hair...I think a problem is developing ...I never considered myself to have a  addictive personality....you learn something new about yourself everyday!!!! off to the hair room!

Faces of Pain - One woman's Journey with Chronic Pain
www.octavaia@got-to-have-art.com
A world without ART is a world without color
GOT ART???
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 12:44pm
I wish I could say yes but the shine doesn't seem to have changed at
all. Maybe a little shot of Flasher (from Sally's at less than $2 a
bottle) would help hair at the blending level.

The Hot Stuff Fusion that I have in the french refined does not have a
synth shine. Even in sunlight, it's amazing how real it looks. In fact, it
looks so much like human hair, I took the bound hair into work and it
fooled every one of my coworkers and even a good friend who also
wears extensions.

I know they sell Hot Stuff in 18" straight length (does anyone know of
it longer?) and the french in 20". I also know they've come out with
#6 which even WaWa doesn't carry. Keep fingers crossed we'll see
#8 thru #22 soon!

Jenny, the WaWa is so different than the PH. I'm surprised you don't
have any yet just to mess with. pm me your address, girl, and I'll
send you some pretipped in #613. It'll blow you away.

Oh, and since we're talking about synth shine - stay away from
Freetress Futura. Sherrie has said this before so I'll back her up...
the shine is totally unreal, like Barbie Doll hair.
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 7:31am

Amm, has your WaWa lost its shine?  Please say yes...

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 5:53am
Octavia,

Have you ever used PH before, or any other monofiber--Dome, ProStyles, etc.? I'm curious about how the WaWa wears compared to those brands.

I think there are probably some challenges that are just inherent to all synth, but I wonder how the therms and the PH (or other monofibers) compare in a side-by-side test.

Anyway, whether its the PH or the WaWa, I do think there are some rules of thumb that would apply across the board in terms of styling. It always seems that air-drying, or rollers, produce a better result than rushed stying with hot tools, anyway.

Keep us posted. :)
imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 1:12am
thanks rose, but i know of her, i bought my WaWa from her. She sent it SUPER fast just didnt know her first name lol!

~Jenn~

Edited by imzadi92
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 1:10am
Yes. You can do a seller search for her on ebay: vixenwings

Rose
imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 12:51am
who is carol? is this the vixenwigs supplier from ebay?

~Jenn~
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 12:25am
I just ordered from Carol again myself. She's got the best prices on
WaWa anywhere on the Internet.

I like the WaWa because I can choose to curl if if I wish. If it gets
caught up in the human hair while I'm curling, I don't ruin it. I can
blow dry it, wash and wear it...whatever.

The method I'm using most with it is washing it at night, and then
when it's mostly dry, I braid to the side loosely or keep it straight
and secure down the length with a band every 3 inches or so. If it's
still damp in the morning, I undo and go about my business around
the house and let it air dry the rest of the way. It seems to hold up
best this way.

I agree that the hair stays soft. I'm 40+ days so far and although it
does change over time, I have definitely gotten my $7.99 a package
worth of wear. And then some!

Hopefully we'll see a broader range of colors and maybe a body
wave in the 22" length. If I had my way, it would come even longer.
octmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 12:04am

Hi everyone,

This is now my second batch of 22" from Carol. She is great :)

I am taking my time trying to pre-tip while I wait for Kristen's shrinkies - for some reason, Doc's did not hold as well this time around ( it seemed that they held best and longest with human hair...)

Here are my observations: Yes, the hair does hold it's curl, but I do not think that it is very good for it at all. the "spilt ends" ( for want of a better word) that go up the whole strand start happening as soon as the heat touches it. If you have a loose curl, say with hot rollers, you cannot notice it very much - a tighter curl, it shows up right away. with the smaller curls, it also becomes much coarser - very hard to brush, tends to really mat up - having a stringy look with tight curls works out ok though. I have steamed it straight, and the softness does come back, not as soft, but much better then how it feels when it is curly.

I tried to post pictures, but I am still using my cell phone as it seems my dig. camera has decided to play hide and seek with me. So, the pictures were not even worth trying to post. Way too blurry.

On the bright side, I would much rather spend 15.00 a package of hair and have it wear this well for this long, with the ability to smooth it out, over spending 100.00 for hair that will have to be thrown away often times sooner then later - plus the whole thing on exactly WHERE do they get all this human hair...I have visions of camps or sweatshops.....

I am going to try the PH, but I had sent sara a picture of the curl I wanted, so we are going to wait until her new shipment comes in, in the meantime, I will try and figure out what colors do I need to blend!!

Octavia  

Faces of Pain - One woman's Journey with Chronic Pain
www.octavaia@got-to-have-art.com
A world without ART is a world without color
GOT ART???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic