Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

anybody ever texturize their hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BecauZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BecauZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anybody ever texturize their hair
    Posted: March 26 2005 at 4:41pm

well i bought a blow out kit and i jus wanna say those instructions are confusing and scare me cus i dont wanna end up bald, o yea i bought the black magic blow out kit texturizer kit. i jus wanna kno if any of u found it as hard to use cus they say use the neutralizer after applyin the cream wen the neuttralizers purpose is to remove it from ur head right? And to clip hair and test it on that first and also they didnt state how long it should be in hair. they jus say not over 20 minutes.

HB Admin:  This post has been edited for inappropriate language. Please keep it positive & clean.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by Karen Shelton
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 9:10pm
Neutralizing shampoo well it is a shampoo, therefore it should remove the cream from your hair and helps to stop the chemical reaction that takes place when the cream is added on to break the bonds of your hair. U have to do the strand test to see how long u want it on there. Everyone's hair is different so they give u a maximum time period to leave it on, depending on what results u want.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

missfro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missfro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 11:34am
ummm what is a texturizer ?
Hair type: 4a or 3C<--transitioning
Hair length: 20"
goal:relaxer free healthy hair
Last relaxer: Sept 05
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 3:29pm
 Texturizer is the same as a relaxer, except that you keep it on for a shorter period time. Usually people leave on just long enough to have a curly result.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

BecauZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BecauZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 9:44pm
Wait a minute, are texturizers permanent just like relaxers?
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 1:35am
I was wondering about texturizers and how they worked. I love curly hair and the way texturizers loosen the curl but do not completely straighten them. But I'm a chicken when it comes to trying things like that in my hair.
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 10:47am
Yes, texturizers are permanent.

Depending on your hair, it can make your hair straight instead
of curly.

Edited by cmesweet
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

missfro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missfro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 7:39pm
the question is now , how do you decide on which product to use .. relaxer , perm or texturizers ?
Hair type: 4a or 3C<--transitioning
Hair length: 20"
goal:relaxer free healthy hair
Last relaxer: Sept 05
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 9:02pm
That's what I'm wondering too Missfro. I also wonder if I can you can texturize new growth you have a relaxer?? I've been relaxing forever and I think I want to leave some of my curl there.
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 1:06pm
Alot of people switch up to texturize their new growth. It will look like 2 different textures for the most part. For the majority that do switch up like that, they either cut to where the texturizer is or continue to texturize the new growth and trim away at the relaxed ends. Similiar to transitioning.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic