Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ordering from ebay hmmm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ordering from ebay hmmm
    Posted: March 27 2005 at 5:43am

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1& ; ;item=6753392950

i reeely like these colours for my highlights iv never seen a 3 tone b4. which is what i have in my own hair. but last time i ordered from ebay the hair was realy crappy. has any1 ordered from this seler b4.

there isnt really any way of telling if its good or not is there.

what do you guys think. its a bit risky eh

she has good feedback but i no with hair u can give gd feedback wash it a few times then realise its relly crappy but its too late uv already given positive

Edited by kirstyx1888xmac
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 5:58am
Risky? Yep. Especially when you consider this may be a $9 bag of beauty supply store hair.

Personally, I wouldn't buy it.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 6:18am
Yeah, it looks gorgeous, and the seller has good feedback. But it's pretty expensive, and my feeling about eBay human hair is that it's almost always cheap BSS hair that's being passed off as Remy or whatever.

I think in most cases people leave feedback for eBay items when they receive them and not after they're worn for awhile. That's the thing that makes me wary when it comes to human hair--I'd love to see what the feedback would be a few months down the road. I also think that a lot of eBay buyers may be first-time DIYers who don't have enough experience to know that 90% of hair looks great when you buy it; it's the long-term test that matters.

:)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 6:23am

hey ye i no it is very.  iv just never seen these colour combos b4 and i wanted to try.

i have emailed some of the selers that have bouhght the same hair and have left feedback, to ask them what they think. ill see what they say, im pretty sure they would give an honest opinion on the quality.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 6:28am

ye jenny thats a good point about first time diyers

i dont think il bother

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 6:41am
Yeah, it's just such a risk; that hair's quite pricey. Hopefully, someone on this board or Quinn's has firsthand experience with the hair, though, and can give you more information. :)
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 7:04am
Good thinking, Kirsty.

I've done that when buying hair off ebay. I'll go back several months in the feedback and send out 10 or so inquiries where similar hair was purchased to see how they felt after wearing it. Most aren't happy with it even though they left a positive review.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 7:45am
kirsty, I have to agree with Amm and Jenny. Unless the hair that someone is selling is a name brand that we all know is good quality I would stay away from it. My thought on the feedback is this...when you first get(most) hair its usually shiney and soft and looks great. Alot of HH you cant tell the quality until its on your head. Usually right after you recieve your ebay item you give your feedback, based on how it looks and feels, how prompt they were with shipping and how the customer service was.  Sometimes its weeks or months before many people use the hair they bought. And theyve usually already left feedback. So I think what Amm said probably is acurate about going back several months and asking people who previously left a positive feedback.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 7:48am
thanks guys  gona try goin bak a few months only thing is they only hold the item listed in the feedback for so long so it makes it a bit more akward. unless i can b sure i dont think i will bother , as it would b a lot of money to waste!
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 3:13am
If you like the color combo, you could always do it yourself; 18/22 is a pretty common blend, and then just buy some 6 to lowlight it with. Easy, commonly available, and you can choose a brand you trust. :)

-Rae

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 3:37am

but i was wanting to use it on a track rather than individuals

i like the 8 22 as well, iv never seen this combo b4, has any1 else?

Edited by kirstyx1888xmac
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 5:31am
The only place Ive ever seen that combo is on hisandher.com in their clearance section. Thats probably where the hair is from. Thats the only place I have seen a three tone and in that combo.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 5:41am
when did u see that sherrie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 5:44am
sherrie im so glad you showed me that i canget that hair from his and hers for way cheaper!!
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 5:47am

Actually, heres the link, and they have it in the 16-18 inch length. But remember its clearance hair, and it isnt their best quality hair. Ive used it before and its only good for about a month with TLC.

http://hisandher.com/store/shop_product.asp?main=MAIN_007&am p;sub=SUB_018&pro=7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 6:01am
ok thanks did u order the a or b stuff sherrie
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 6:15am
Kirsty, Ive ordered both, and havent found alot of difference in either. One may be slightly better than the other, in my opinion. I used this hair alot when I did weft bonding. Since the glued bonds only last for about 4/5 weeks it worked out ok and I just used new wefts each time since it was cheap enough. But I am so harsh on hair that by 4/5 weeks the hair was trashed!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic