Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long hair loosing body!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long hair loosing body!
    Posted: March 27 2005 at 2:29pm
I need help with my growing hair. I notice when ever it starts to get long it starts to feel thinner and loose body. I don't know why because I have about normal thickness hair and never have had this problem with short hair.
What can I do to bring body back into my long hair without damaging it?
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 4:28pm
You can load it up with product.

Seriously, growing long hair is a journey and a challenge. As you reach new lengths, you discover things about your hair that you either didn't know before, or that weren't true about your shorter hair.

If you visit men's long hair boards, you'll see the wavy-haired guys are all hoping that this will happen to their hair as it grows longer.

Nobody's happy with their hair.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 1:53am
I think that's pretty normal, because the weight of long hair pulls it down.  Maybe try putting some mousse or something in, and blow-drying upside-down?  Or using large curlers?  You can probably tell I'm no long hair expert, though, so I can't give very specific instructions.
More awesome than a manatee!
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 8:19pm

The upside-down blowdrying idea is a good one.  Damaging, of course, but on the rare occasion that I blow-dry, I use Infusium leave-in spray conditioner first and it helps to minimize the damage.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic