Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help with Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lilangel87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilangel87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help with Hair
    Posted: March 27 2005 at 10:33pm
I have no clue what happened my hair color was colored a permanat blue black i colored it 6 months ago with Garnier 100% and today i decided to  change it to a golden brown color and the root area came out with a golden brown color but the rest of my hair looks black it has a little but of golden color but not as much and i dont know what to do please help me.
gizmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 11:36pm

Dyed black hair has to be bleached before a lighter color can be applied to it.  And sometimes that takes bleaching it twice to get it out.   If you used one of those High-Lift hair dyes (meant for dark brown/black hair), they are meant for naturally dark hair and don't work as well on dyed hair.

Your roots are virgin hair.  The color results will generally match the side of the box.  The dyed portion of your hair however is porous and will soak up color like crazy.  So it will almost always turn out darker than your roots.

If you want to make that drastic of a change to your hair, you might want to have a professional stylist do it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic