Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whats a good cut for

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
SamuraiJoe View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamuraiJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats a good cut for
    Posted: April 26 2005 at 11:47pm
( member post content entirely false, deleted, and member banned )

Edited by DaveDecker

SamuraiJoe-Created by me, will be a fomous movie in the future of the stick world.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 6:42pm

Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Since I am not the person (Admin) to whom SumoSamurai has referred, nor have I talked with the other Admins about this, I have no comment on Sumo's statements here, other than to say that the Admins are capable of banning anybody at any time, and that such decisions are only made after thoughtful deliberation.

Amen. The administrators are reasonable, ethically-minded people who care for the benefit of this forum. Thank you for keeping HB a great place. 

my LJ, 40 inches long
SumoSamurai View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 6:33pm

Edited by DaveDecker

SamuraiJoe- designed by me, will be very popular movie/series in the future of the Stick World...
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 6:28pm
Blondee was a known troll.  Blondee being banned had nothing to do with the content of Blondee's messages posted within this thread.

Since I am not the person (Admin) to whom SumoSamurai has referred, nor have I talked with the other Admins about this, I have no comment on Sumo's statements here, other than to say that the Admins are capable of banning anybody at any time, and that such decisions are only made after thoughtful deliberation.
eatgreenjello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2005 at 12:42pm
Woah, Sumo is FIESTY today!

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 9:17pm
It's probable that what happened went on behind the scenes or was deleted immediately, so we have no way of knowing what really was going on.
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 6:37pm

Edited by DaveDecker

SamuraiJoe- designed by me, will be very popular movie/series in the future of the Stick World...
msblueyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msblueyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by goddess_mels goddess_mels wrote:

I'm not so sure what Blondee said should have gotten her banned. I've seen it intimated or outright said that coloring one's hair often is based on insecurity and that never got anyone banned.

But who am I to say...I'm not a mod...  It probably isn't easy to make these judgement calls at times...

I'd have to agree there, Goddess.  Some people are just easily annoyed, and take things way too seriously! 

msblueyes
goddess_mels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddess_mels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 5:22pm

I'm not so sure what Blondee said should have gotten her banned. I've seen it intimated or outright said that coloring one's hair often is based on insecurity and that never got anyone banned.

But who am I to say...I'm not a mod...  It probably isn't easy to make these judgement calls at times...

Mels
msblueyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msblueyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 2:55pm
Some people are just offended by people who aren't afraid to share thier opinions.
msblueyes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 10:58am
Why did Blondee get banned??  Is that a good thing?

Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2005 at 6:52pm

Well even if they are hiding behind their hair, doesn't mean they're actually hiding.

My hair covers my ears my left eye and the sides of my face where the sideburns suppose to grow, which I don't have any. So what? I'm not hiding at all. I just like the style, and it's more unique. And I'm not even done growing my bangs and the hair on the sides of my face. Also because my hair covers parts of my face and eye, people can be looking at me and they think I don't know it. They can't see my eye because it's not giving out any light but I see them. Sometimes I can be looking at people through my hair and they don't know it. But usually I reviel my eye partially.  And it helps so I can peek at whatever such as people's test sheets or go to sleep during class, etc.

WAHAHAHAHA blondee got banned!!!

Edited by SumoSamurai

msblueyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msblueyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2005 at 6:02pm
Thank you, cutmore.
msblueyes
cutmore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2005 at 3:02pm

Hi eatgreenjello,

I really like pic #1 and #3.Wavy thick hair looks sexy short.In the second pic her hair looks too long and unflattering.I disagree with eKatherine I've never know of a shy women with a short haircut.Way too much attention! Short haired women are sexy,fun.flirty,very self-confident,and much more attractive ( in my opinion)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 2:41pm

Thanks for your replies!  I just wish I could push a button and change my hair for the day according to my mood.  Long one night, short the next day.... You know.  I have done that hair imaging where my picture is taken and I put different hairstyles to my face.  That does help me figure out what I like, it's just that other people mess me up by telling me how my hair looks best.  So...maybe I shouldn't ask people anymore!  HA!  BUT, that's easier said than done, like there's this guy in a store I go to a lot, and he has these long dreadlocks and I just wonder what he'd look like without them.  Who knows?  It's good to get other people's opinions, or is it?  All I know is that when I ramble on like this, it's time for a nap!

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by blondee blondee wrote:

I'm not saying that is true for everyone, just an interesting thought though.

Not sure how interesting, but I did think about it. Most of the women I know who seem to be hiding behind their hair have hair that is either short or medium length, colored, permed, and styled to be as large as possible. Most women I know who have hair that is long or very long wear it either behind their backs or pulled in a pony or in an updo, and you can't hide behind it that way.

I think it takes loads more self-confidence to stand up for what you think is right when you're taking flack for it. It's easy to follow the dictates of fashion. All they require is that you spend money, not succeed in the look you're trying for.
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 5:02pm
DON'T cut it Jelllo!

Unless you do really want short hair for good. Hair like yours only gets long rather than wide by constant growing. Trimming might help, but I had it trimmed far too much and it barely grew.

You really should growing it much longer. It took mine until an inch or so below shoulder length before I liked it, it could be as long as bra strap length before yours flattens out.
blondee View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 3:08pm
[QUOTE=blondee]
I'm not saying that is true for everyone, just an interesting thought though.

I'm sorry you were so offended by my comments, Dave. If you read the above, I try to never catergorize anyone. It was only supposed to be food for thought.
blondee
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 8:56pm

Don't let people go making you feel bad if you decide you want it short either.

Agreed.

I was once told only very confident women wear thier hair super short. I believe that, because it seems like the people I know who don't have great self esteem are always trying to hide behind thier super long hair. I'm not saying that is true for everyone, just an interesting thought though.

Actually, if anybody's trying to "blend in," it's those whose hair is sort of middle-ish length (like chin or shoulder).  Those with super-long get attention just as do those (women) with very short.  I know quite a few super-long-haired women and not one of them "hides" behind her long hair.  I think the notion that "long-haired women 'hide' behind their long hair" is just an old myth that apparently has not yet faded into oblivion.  That can't happen soon enough.
blondee View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 4:16pm
If you like the second pic and you don't want much of a change, maybe try having your hair textured on top. Have your stylist go in with texturing shears and start thinning out. I have this done to my hair every 4-6 weeks (even though my hair is stick straight except underneath where I battle the curls) to keep things light and so I can have the body and volume I want.

Don't let people go making you feel bad if you decide you want it short either. I happen to love short hair on women. It really makes facial features stand out. I was once told only very confident women wear thier hair super short. I believe that, because it seems like the people I know who don't have great self esteem are always trying to hide behind thier super long hair. I'm not saying that is true for everyone, just an interesting thought though.

I love change too, so I hear ya there! I was super short about a year ago, then wore an A line for several months, then went brunette, and now I'm blonde again and growing it back out. Not too long though. Just above my shoulders. Let me know what you decide on!
blondee
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic