Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New PH install (mostly) complete pics!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New PH install (mostly) complete pics!!!
    Posted: March 28 2005 at 10:06pm
Okay I may need a few more pieces around my face or on top you tell me.  But I'm definitely not ashamed to go out with my hair down now.

Probably need to curl the top layer of my hair just slightly.
Special Thanks to Fina for the cut in half shrinkie tiny tip near the hairline/part idea.

Before (I cut it rightbefore to make it a little choppier)

And the two afters

I figure I should trim up the yellow a little shorter in the back and the brown a little shorter in the front.

So its 1.25 packs of limone, 2/3 packs mahaghoni, 1/2 pack kokos, 1/3 pack kaffee, 1/6 pack pechschwarz, and 1/6 pack weiss.  All cut into 16 inch lengths (so three tips per each 48" chunk of PH).  I used the prelayering method Kalika pioneered a few eeks ago.(Special thanks to her too).  I think I need to recolor my hair cause all the dishsoap really ripped all my temporary coloring out.

oh and I used mostly Docs shrinkies on the top.  Predominantly Kristens around the edges and on the sides, and some weird combos of shrink tubing I bought for the bottom four layers of yellow.

So do I need more on top?  around my face?  trimming?

thanks!
:)al
octmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 10:14pm

Beautiful!!

I love the colors! I would be tempted to fill in around the face more, but I have curly hair, so I NEED my hair all over my face

I must have missed the post about dishsoap - let us know which shrinkie works better for you.

Octavia

Faces of Pain - One woman's Journey with Chronic Pain
www.octavaia@got-to-have-art.com
A world without ART is a world without color
GOT ART???
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 10:24pm
YEOWZA!!!! That looks amazing!!! I LOVE the colors! I love the dark colors alot (cuz those are my natural colors) but that limone RULES!!!

How does that hair feel...silky?! Or funky? Please be honest. In any case, it looks really really great!
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 10:45pm
It's pretty silky.  I did notice that my second bag of limone had a slightly different feel than the first.  Maybe slightly less silky but also less tangly?  LIke I said no products at all yet today and is tarted this install Thursday night so some of it's been washed twice and just braided at night a gently combed days.  The first time I washed I poured half water half fabric softener on the ends and rinsed slightly. 

I'm psyched about the dark colors too.  I used to have much lighter hair but with age...  But I'm glad that the couple of black strands worked out okay.  I tried dying my hair black once in junior high and it was hideous so I was a bit nervous. 

OKay I just reached up and touched hair for another silkyness analysis.  It's not as sily as my natural hair that hasn't been chemically process from here to next weeek but it feels about like the hair that has been bleached then coloured then bleached then coloured but looks better than the overprocessed sections.  I have a spot near the crown towards the back where I chemically burnt off a chunk last spring.  And some of my hair was processed as much but just got lucky.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 11:01pm
It's gorgeous, Mocha! The colors are stunning together, and the layering is just perfect. It looks really nice and full to me, so I don't think you necessarily need more, but if you're like me and you always want more hair, I think you could do that, too.

That's the 50mm, I assume? The texture goes quite well with your own hair. I know you said you want to curl your own hair a bit to blend, but it's pretty darned flawless as is.

Congratulations!
:)
imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 6:45am
beautiful. i need to figure out how to layer my own, its just about all one length and could use a little more "oomph". did you just prelayer or was there any cutting after?

~Jenn~
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 6:49am
Mostly I just prelayered.  And Not particulrly consistently.  In the front I've done some trimming (even more since I took the pics) mostly of the browns.  They were just too long relatively to the yellow.  I've also trimmed a little length off the yeloow in the back.

Thank you all!
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 8:01am
Mocha, wow!  That looks awesome chick!  How on earth do you cut your own back?
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 10:02am
Mocha- how short is your natural hair?  I can't see where it is! (that's a good thing!)
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 10:30am
Jenny - yes 50mm

Bridget - I have great faith in myself and just basically wing in on cutting the back.  For the really awkward spots I point inthe mirror at a couple of strands of hair and then tell my husband 'cut 1" off these' and then check and then point again.

metalgirl - I'm not sure if the before from theback is the right picture with the brown all  down or not.  But the side pic is definitely after I cut.  So it's just touching my shoulders for the most part.  I had it almost armpit length but It really needed a trima nd I figured putting choppy layers in my own would blend the rest better.  So  on the side I don't part on the shortest layer is chin length.  So i only really added a couple ?four? inches in thebrown and little more in the yellow.

I think I've decided to go ahead and add a few few more clos to my hairline around my face since I have the itty bitty tips made already.  I was just tired last night.

I'll post an update when everything is in and I'm happy with the cut.

thanks again!
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 11:14am
i like the tips they are so purdy in the contrasting colour!
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 9:37pm
The browns blend really well...good job!  And the limone makes me think of one of the Misfits from "Jem."   (Colorful '80s cartoon hair!)  Two thumbs up for pulling off a color combo I've never seen before.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 10:30pm
We are the misfits we're gonna get her!  We are the misfits we're so much better! (that's pretty close as I remember)

One of my bosses asked me today when I was just going to do 'hair'?

I think I like that.  I'm a  Misfit from Jem.  I did 'fairy princess' in the fall then the little mermaids evil twin.  Now I'm a Misfit.

I'm going to have to go do reaserch because all I remember of Jem and the holograms is a few lines from the theme song.
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 9:47pm
Too bad they're not selling the Misfits T-shirts at Hot Topic anymore.  You'd be all set.

All I remember is the start of the theme song, and a few character names.  ....  But I found a site for you: http://www.angelfire.com/la/Holograms/

Pizazz was the one I was thinking of.

Edited by leia1979
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 10:17pm
Now if I can only figure out avatars I have a plan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic