Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Highlights before Styling?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
A_M_M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A_M_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Highlights before Styling?
    Posted: March 29 2005 at 3:07pm

So my mom thinks that if i get highlights the same day as I get a body wave that my hair will get dryed out. I think shes wrong since I've been looking on sites and theres nothing saying that highlights and styling will damage my hair in any way. So should I go with what i think and get all of it done the same day? Please tell me what you thinks right*

~A.
Alyssa_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alyssa_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 4:46pm
Your mom is right. Perming plus coloring/highlighting isn't a good combination, whether you do it the same day or wait a while. You're going to get some damage, period. Plus, if you do it the same day, there's also the chance that you will still have some of the chemicals from the body wave in your hair, that plus the bleach for the highlights could even make your hair break off.
weaveitup^_^ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaveitup^_^ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 3:06am
*nods in agreement*
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic