Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

kirty- this is what a weave looks like...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: kirty- this is what a weave looks like...
    Posted: May 24 2005 at 7:58pm

Yeah....... Wefts are the way to go.... super secure, undetectable and inexpensive (DIY)...... I use one weft across the back, and Prostyles for only my sides......  Works out good...

Genie

Northern Michigan  USA

Genie Aldrich
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 1:17pm
hey im going to get my hair braided at that place yu suggested ebony ivory. them seem really nice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 5:09am

that is terrible that they did that. yes very sneaky!

and shckin pink - im gona go round south side and have a look i just found outwhere the uni is so i ruffly no were y tokin about

il let y no how i get on!

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 3:32am

short and curly's charged me £300 for fusion with standard HH that only costs £20. (shocking or what!) Plus they done huge bonds in my hair and everyone that seee the extensions told me that they werent as nice as what i normally had them.  If it wasnt for them taking out all my previous extensions in the salon before giving me a price on installing there's then i wouldnt have got it done.  Sneeky really.

Roots charged me £140 for fusion when i supplied my own hair.

divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 1:58pm

Near south Clerk street...near the uni, they may have moved or changed their name, it was called Ebony and Ivory...sorry I can't hlp further!

xx

It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 11:47am

i might go down leith its near where i work and check out the prices for weaves. i want to have boihyme so i thik ill just by it myseld it will be cheper and jsut pay for the install. how much did the one in leith charge u for ur fusion? were they more reasonble than short n curly/

sshockin pink - do u no the name of the place next to the meadows? ..is it on the meadows? is it near south clerk street?..

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 6:58pm

I used to do weaves but not any more.  I used to get mine done with a lady in Glasgow called Pat and she is excellent at weaves and braids but she didnt advertise this year and i no longer have her number.  Shame really as i would love to get her to do my hair again :-(

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 6:54pm

In Edinburght ive tried Roots in Leith, Short and Curlys and a lady in the Edinburgh yellow pages (cant remember the area offhand) and i wasn't impressed with any of them. 

Short & Curly's ripped me off and messed up my hair with fusion

Roots were so so.  The lady was extremly nice but it took her from 10am - about 10pm (no joke) to do fusion in my hair (with constant interuptions) One namely was that she didnt have a baby sitter and had 2 young kids under 5 running around in the salon when it was just me and her.  Also her glue gun ran out of glue and she started using latex to finnish the bonds and when her hubbie came in and questioned her he told her the gun just needed re-filled!???

And the other lady (who id remember if i saw her add again) also didnt do it right.

I think you should ask for before and after photos of their work before you decide chick.  This was just my experience and bearing in mind it was with fusion and not weaves.

good luck

x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 2:25pm

nope not that one....that one was Curlys Cosmetics...I did a bit work for them a few times.....It's literally just next to the meadows on the other side, where the bridges are and very near edinburgh uni.

xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 2:15pm

ye at tollcross?.. if its that place... it closed down !

there is another african salon called silky touch i emailed them but they didnt write back

Edited by kirstyx1888xmac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 2:11pm

Kirsty, I am originally from Edinburgh but moved to London 4 years ago.  There is a hair salon in Edinburgh that is afro carribean....it's called Ebony and Ivory and it is just off the meadows, they do weaves and stuff.

xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 1:48pm
i stay in edinburgh
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 11:07am
99% of afro salons almost certainly do weaves where as alot of standard salons tend to do more bonding / fusion
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 11:07am
with standard HH the going rate in Scotland for a weave is generally under £200.  If you buy some bohyme or another hair that you like then most places will just charge you for install.  Which area do you stay and i'll see if i know someone near you who does them?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 10:59am

cool thanks i think that looks good , like less stressful on the scalp than other methods . much prefer to fusion. im going to look into it.

if i go to like black hairdresers where they do braids will they do weaves? i dont no any1 in scotland that does weaves. but then will they be able to do non african hair?..i hope so!

how much shud i b looking to roughly spend for the instaltaion then for getting them tightened.. so i dont get ripped off!  thanks

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 5:39am

Yeah the client says it was itchy too.  I think she used a tail comb alot (lol)

Its a weave, first you do a couple of rows of conrows with filler hair then sew a weft of HH onto that row. It kind of hangs on your hair when its growing out, personally i dont like them but they are a good option for some.

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 9:44pm

That looks really itchy!  I'd probably have to break out the rat tail and itch through all that!

How was that put in the hair? 

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 5:51pm

I have held some of the hair up on top so you can see the weave underneath the clients hair. 

Edited by shel221
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 5:50pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic