Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MSM is changing my texture

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MSM is changing my texture
    Posted: March 29 2005 at 9:05pm
I didn't think it was possible, but it's true. I've been taking 2,500mg powdered MSM for about a month now. (Not only for my hair but I injured my knee a while ago.) My sister has been doing my braidouts and noticed my new growth was softer than my relaxed hair. It hasn't changed it curl considerably but it is softer.
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
IndigoRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 9:09pm
How long have you been taking it MSM.  
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 9:51pm
The information I read was that it should make your nails thicker and stronger. Seems odd that your hair got softer.

You are taking the right dose for results.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 1:08pm
I heard that it can change texture. But aren't u doing conditioning washes, that can also make your hair softer. Were u doing the washes before the vitamins or at the same time?
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 1:50pm
It didnt make my hair softer. But my latest new growth was thicker and the curls were less defined
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 4:47pm
I've been taking MSM for about a month now. I have not been consistent with conditioning washes though. I have probably done one this month. I did it more last month and my new growth then was not as soft now.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 5:09pm

Ok well it could be the MSM...are u waiting to get a relaxer? Sometimes the new growth that comes right after the perm hair may feel different, that is considered scab hair, where part of the relaxer has effected  the new growth and then your natural hair that was not effected can be softer and a different texture then new growth around the demarcation line (area where relax hair and new growth meet).  I hope that make since.

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 12:47am

You know, I have to agree with you Honeydoo. I definitely think MSM has changed the texture of my hair as well. I didn't think it was possible, but the texture, sheen and diameter of the individual hair shafts are totally different than before I started taking them! I guess it's been about a month now since I started, but the change is very noticeable. I'm only about 4 weeks since last relaxer and I have tons of new growth as well! Also my hair seems to have a healthier shine to it and feels much thicker. I've been wearing protective styles so I've not seen the actual growth yet, but I'm very anxious to get to next touch-up to see length. I usually try to stretch it as long as I can(and still be able to get a comb thru it ) Oh, and my nails are going longer and stronger too which is an added bonus.

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
BRI_BETHEA View Drop Down
bnd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRI_BETHEA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 8:53pm

Where did you buy  the MSM? Would you say it change for the better?

,•´¯` ¤
'.,¸_¸,.•´¯`•.¸
............×´¯)
...(¯`•.,¸_¸,.•´
....`•.,¸_¸,.•´¯`×
.........Briana
......×´¯`•.,¸_¸,.•´¯)
....................¸.•´¯`×
...................(_¸.•´¯)
........................×´¯`¤
...................................»                               

Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2005 at 7:58am
Hi BRI!! Sorry it took so long to respond. I bought the powedered MSM at my healthfood store, BAUMS. It's 2,500mg. I would say it has changed for the better. My new growth is coming in fast and it's softer and more manageable. My nails are growing well too and my skin is ultra clear now. I like it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic