Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GAH! PH ring is here! PH ring is here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GAH! PH ring is here! PH ring is here!
    Posted: April 01 2005 at 2:02pm
are feathering scissors and thinning shears the same thing? I do have some thinning shears. used to have a razor too but i have no idea what happened to it.that may be a problem since the ends are mostly blunt cut. i did put in a few long layers but that doesnt do much to break up the ends.

I love the dome care mist and the downy lavender-vanilla fabric softener, both work pretty well with this hair. I also have some of the dome smooth conditioner and a dome brush coming in the mail, hopefully those will help.

~Jenn~
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 1:32pm
I definitely think PH needs to be razored thinned whatever to keep from tangling on itself.  I don't know how long you are wering it but the way the ends are tobegin with is a good start but it needs a little razoring beyond that in my opinion.(using any which method you like)

I however haven't really worried about maintaining the curl.  I was just razoring the ends a weft for clip ins and then razoring the ends of open ended  braids to keep them happy and that's different then what hair is subjected to loose on your head.  Mine seems to be doing okay so far but I've only had it in for 1/2 to one week(took a while to complete the install).

I'll let you know what happens as it happens with my head.

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 12:45pm
Hmm...maybe Rae, Fina, Mer, and/or Kalika can weigh in on the PH, and AMM, Octavia, and others on the WaWa. I've had the most luck with the technique I've outlined above, but maybe they have some tips that would help.

I will say that I don't think the PH responds well to being cut straight across with a standard scissor; you need to cut into it, trim with a feather scissor, or cut with a razor. Also, the brush you're using could be causing snags.

Anyway, good luck; hopefully, some others will chime in.

:)
imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 10:39am
why is it tho that every time i do get the ends smoothed out,  within 24 hours they are all nasty again??? that is what I dont get  so then i cant leave  it for a few days as you said, i end up having to blow it out almost every day to smooth the ends

and i dont know WHAT is up with this WaWa in the back of my head, its pretty kinky the full length of it, like jumbo hair. i think i may have gotten the wrong texture i may just take the back out and put ph in, to see what happens.

the other thing i was thinking of doing was cutting into a long, steeply angled a-line bob, if i cant get these ends to behave.

~Jenn~
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 8:33am
Hey Jenn,

I encourage you not to throw in the towel so soon. I had the same thoughts about the PH initially, but the hair is very "revivable," really. I don't think the fact that it's 28mm has anything to do with the stiffness of it; it's all the same hair, really, it's just been treated a bit differently at the manufacturing plant to give it that initial texture.

If you've blown it out straight, I assume all the initial curl is gone, correct? If so, you're basically dealing with straight PH anyway, not wavy PH.

Instead of taking all the hair out, I would recommend cutting an inch or so off the ends (remember to razor or "cut into the hair" with the scissors). Do this after you've washed the hair, left in a bit of fabric softener, and blown it out, following Doc's technique and using a brush that grips the hair well. At that point, add a little Biosilk and/or Dome Care, and wrap the hair up in Jumbo hot rollers. Leave 'em in till they're cool, remove, and finger-comb the hair. (Do this with both the WAWA and the PH). Wear it this way for a few days (don't wash), sleeping with it in a bun or braid and only occasionally detangling with a silicone product, wig spray, or Dome Care. When you're ready to wash, do so--the colder the water, the better--using only fabric softener on the length. Let the hair air-dry. When dry, spray with silicone or Dome Care again; if it's still a little frizzy leave it in a bun or braid for a half hour. If you need more curl, use the rollers again.

Hope this helps. :)
imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2005 at 7:12am
ive had BAD luck so far with the 28 MM. Its still pretty nappy and frizzy on my head... I can blow it out so it feels temporarily better, but by the end of the day the ends get kinked and frizzled and wonky  I think I got the wrong yaki for the WaWa too, i read something the other day on here about "super yaki" or something like that? because its not as silky as I remember it being when I put in some streaks of the burgundy months ago (before I found this hair board, yeah i was ahead of my time lol)

Im tempted to just take it all out and start over *sigh* it *looks* so good, just *feels* like crap
plastikhaar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plastikhaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 4:17pm
hi there

for the care products:

click on hair.stuff and the care products

: )

sara
need some great hair?
plastikhaar hair.supply
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 12:33pm

hey amm i hav 18 22 bohyme. do plastik haar do mixes? do u no wot if there is a colour similar on ur plastik haar colour ring?

thanks xx

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 11:35pm
Oops. I mean 50mm! I got 28 on the brain.

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 11:15pm
You're getting the 28mm wave? Really? It's mighty mighty curly!
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 10:39pm
Thanks Rae! I'm pretty jazzed about getting the 28mm on a custom
weft. I'm going over the colors and trying to decide.

How do I get to PH's area where they sell haar care products? I can
find the home page and wholesale area just fine but seem blind to all
else.
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 10:29pm
I've used the straight, but not the waves. I've got a bit of 28mm still in the bag, and of course you can't tell for sure about hair until you wear it, but it does feel as silky as the straight.

-Rae

Edited by zapevaj
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by amm amm wrote:

Syren, the swatch says Dome wave. Really? If I wash it, it'll change?

It sure did on me. By second wash, I was one of those 1960s Barbie dolls with the dark frizzy afro..kinda like your old avatar, only past my shoulders. Not a good look. It caused stares and not good ones. Even blow drying didn't soften it.

I so pray 50mm lasts at least a couple of washes. And we so need to place an order ASAP cuz I'm back to being bald and am really depressed about it.

Edited by Syren123
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 8:30pm

Originally posted by amm amm wrote:

I'm all huddled in the corner clutching this ring clawing at the air and
making unintelligable growls while keeping everyone at bay.

Yeah, I found it more comforting to rub the rings all over myself while I danced around the house!

Keep that in mind Amm, as you look over those colors!HAHAHAHAHAHHA

Edited by Gina E
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 8:28pm
Definitely not steam--go for the velvet flocked rollers; they work much better than the Carusos, imo. If you just want to create those big, jumbo waves, go for the 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inch size. But for more flexibility, it's best to get one of those mixed sets with the various sizes. Personally, I like when they have the more substantials clips, rather than the pins, but whatever. Some of the newer ones heat up in only a few minutes. If you do a basic eBay seach, you'll find most of the major ones on the market.

The Velcro ones also seem to work well for Fina, with a drying hood or bonnet; I still haven't tried them myself.

I like the Brandywine wig spray; it's cheap and it kills frizziness on contact. But I have to revise my initial post about this: I do think the Dome Care works better as a detangler and general care product. Sara offers it on her site now, so you can get it there (rather than paying the outrageous Dome shipping.)

:)

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 8:19pm
Syren, the swatch says Dome wave. Really? If I wash it, it'll change?

I had a couple nice sample swatches from Sara and was surprised
how quickly the curl dropped on the 28mm. I'm only going with the
50mm now for the softness factor.

It's time now to start looking for steam rollers. Did you guys decide
steam or velcro was better? Also, should I get that brandywine wig
stuff?

Edited by amm
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 8:07pm
I'm under the impression that it's all silky at first, then as you wear it/wash it, it gets rougher, until you steam or blow-dry it and then it's almost as silky as it was in the beginning.

Yeah, Rae's the only one I know with the straight. :)
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 8:03pm
Hmm...good question!! Who has used the straight...anyone? Maybe the girls who do braids and dreads like Rae. And as far as the other goes, don't be fooled by that 28mm I sent you (I did send that, didn't I?) - wash it just once and see how the texture changes. Noooo silky.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Syren123 Syren123 wrote:

Always planning the next install.
HELP!!!

My first order to PH was for enough hair to get me through one year planned out in theory... 
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2005 at 8:01pm
I'm all huddled in the corner clutching this ring clawing at the air and
making unintelligable growls while keeping everyone at bay.

Say, has anyone noticed a difference in texture between the straight
and the 50mm? Is the straight softer?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic