Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Come On Yall & Say Hey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LoVeLyLiNdSaY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoVeLyLiNdSaY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Come On Yall & Say Hey
    Posted: September 13 2005 at 11:13am
Hey everybody- my name is Lindsay and i'm from West Virginia... and no i'm not a hick and yes i have all my teeth i'm getting ready to start college in January and I'm lookin' for a new look! i've already colored my hair yesterday a caramel brown color and where i already had redish highlights in my hair before, i now have reddish highlights in it. i was thinking about getting extensions to look like Amanda8beechwoo's but i don't want to spend alot of money on it and i'm scared it will damage my hair too. so i was thinking about getting black highlights, bright red, and bright blonde with black on the neckline under the rest of the hair... comments?!? or opinions?? thanks guys!
-:|:- LoVeLyLiNdSaY -:|:-
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 10:19pm

Hello

i am a stylist and salon owner in so cal. i love doing hair and espicially hair extensions. My passion is to change lives and help others get the confidence about themselves with a new look.

I look foward to contributing to the boards.

angeleyeslady View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angeleyeslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2005 at 12:19pm

hello Carol,

nice to hear from you.  if you are using the velcro rollers I would stick with them because they are kinder than metal curling tongs

i'm from manchester, pleased to meet you

AngelEyes supports SIGHTSAVERS CHARITY
carolmerlot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolmerlot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 5:48am

Hello,

Just joined the group.  Carol from Scotland, 49.  Just interested in current styles and keeping my hair in shape!

Finding it can get a bit dry now so trying out different conditioners and treatments.  I also use heated rollers a lot and wondering if time to change (I am not using the steamcurl ones), I sometimes use velcro rollers but it takes more time!

Carol P

moviegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moviegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 11:26am

Hello,

I'm looking forward to future posts and finding out about new members! I had some pretty hair until my mid-30's arrived. When a few strangers came up to me and mentioned my hair thinning(top of scalp) I knew something had to be done. I was using Toppik and before that had ordered Diane 35 from New Zealand. The web sites to order it from ceased to exist and it wasn't giving the results I was looking for. I decided to go to NYC for a hair transplant in Aug. 2004. I have 2 more surgeries to go. I never thought I'd become the vitamin taker and would buy some cute hats along the way but so be it! Hair thinning I believe is genetic but I'm thankful for the options out there. I still use some Toppik and am learning to be patient and hopeful! I'm also taking Viviscal which I am really liking. By the way I am 41 yrs. old and I am thankful for informative web sites like this.

Take care,

Moviegirl

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 7:11am
Hi everyone!!!!!!!   Welcome!
[/url]

mysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 9:55pm

Hi everyone I just joined today and already have learned a lot of tips and ideas.  My hair has been long when I was young, like 14-15, down to mid back, then cut it and grew it back yo -yo'n.  Now it is just past my shoulder blades and growing nicely.  My goal os mid back, longer if it wants  I hope to learn a lot more about how to keep my hair healthy and what is good to help it grow.

Thanks for the Welcome!!!!

Cindy

8 months to *Mid-Back*..give or take!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 6:02pm
Welcome Brian, Genie and Angela! 

We hope you enjoy participating in any of the variety of discussions here at HairBoutique.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 2:11pm

Hi Angela.

We look forward to you sharing your tips. 

Welcome.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
VeeDubGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 11:32pm
Hello everyone! I'm fairly new, but the past couple of days I've kinda been posting like crazy. (I really like it here!) So many of you have probably seen alot of my posts. I've been through A LOT with my hair so I have many experiences and tips (even warnings!) that I look forward to sharing with all you guys and gals.

Some background on me: I'm a 22 year old full-time college student living in Maine. I'm currently getting my bachelor's degree in psychology and plan to go to graduate school afterwards.

Of course I love to dish on hair, makeup, life, the universe, and Volkswagen's (thus the name, hee hee ) I look forward to meeting everyone on here, especially the regulars.

-Angela

Edited by VeeDubGirl
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Genie Genie wrote:

Hi Everyone..............    Joined two days ago..... I lived in Sthn Calif. for over 30 yrs., and was up on the latest and greatest on extensions (and everything else beautifying....)  AGE MANAGEMENTS........ they call it...... I currently live in Nthn Michigan...... Just want to stay in the Loop (no pun intended)..

Genie

Welcome!!!!!! We have a fabulous Hair Extension thread.  Lots of great info & very knowledgeable folks.

Karen

Edited by Karen Shelton
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 1:30pm

Hi Everyone..............    Joined two days ago..... I lived in Sthn Calif. for over 30 yrs., and was up on the latest and greatest on extensions (and everything else beautifying....)  AGE MANAGEMENTS........ they call it...... I currently live in Nthn Michigan...... Just want to stay in the Loop (no pun intended)..

Genie

Genie Aldrich
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 9:37am

Hi Hyatt,

Welcome.  We are so glad you stopped by and hope you will stop by and post a lot.  Thank you for your kind words about HairBoutique.com & for your suggestion for a thread about funny hair stories. 

We do have a "Bloopers thread" which has some pretty funny hair stories.   Stop by and check them out and please post your hair funnies as well. 

To potentially find a great stylist in your neck of the words...you can post on the Find A Stylist board and hopefully someone can pass on a good recommendation.  Or you may find one there by just checking through the current posts.

As far as spiking issues....there is currently a thread on Short hair.  And for long hair...if you decide to grow it back....Dave Decker does a great job of keeping the Long Hair thread moving.

If there is anything that we can ever do to help make your visits to HairTalk better, please email Webmaster@hairboutique.com or anyone is always welcome to email me at shelton@hairboutique.com or sent me a bmail.  I can't promise that I will always be able to answer personally, although I do try (I travel a lot these days for HB.com) but I do promise that one of the HB.com team members will look into whatever may be the challenge or problem at the time.

There are tons of great folks here that yes...would love to help. So post away.  Thanks again for stopping by and introducing yourself.

Edited by Karen Shelton
hyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 9:05am
Hey Karen,

I'm currently living in Charlotte, NC. I came across your site when I was trying to Google mens hair styles. After 3 hours of searching, this is by far the best site out there!

Heres my hairy story. I used to have long hair for 12 years (halfway down my back) and decided to cut it off one day out of the blue (4 years ago. No I wasn't drunk!). The hair dresser in Myrtle Beach did an excellent bedhead/ spike job.

Now living in Charlotte I have struggled to find a good stylist . When I ask them if they have any idea what kind of style would look good on me, they just give me a blank look (um, like um I dono like Yu know) and ended up with a few bad cuts.... faux spike mullet anyone???

I'm hoping to find some kind of help here, and I have a good feeling I will....

P.S. I think a "Hair Humor" forum would be great here. Things that might have been not so funny then, but are now. I know I have a few good ones - can any one say "teenager trying to go blond with hydrogen peroxide" - ending up like a big orange? Now that was a fun month in high school!

Brian

Edited by hyatt
I have a photographic memory, I'm just out of film.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 8:58pm

Hi to all the new members who are visiting.

We would all love to say hi to you and welcome you.  It would be great if you would write just a short note to introduce yourselves.  Please don't be shy. :-)

By the way...my name is Karen Marie Shelton and I am the CEO of HairBoutique.com.  Besides the HairTalk Messageboards our HairBoutique website has over 10,000+ free articles about hair & beauty.  We also have a photo gallery with thousands of free hair images to view.  Then there are lots of other columns related to hair.  We also have the Marketplace which is our e-store with over 10,000 SKUs and some of the profits from that store are used to help fund these messageboards.

Please stop by and see us & post in the threads you enjoy.  It is a great way to make new friends and talk about the things you love to talk about.

There are some really amazing people that have been posting at HairTalk since we opened it back in March of 1998.  Back then we had one thread.  Hard to believe...but its true.

Welcome!!!!!!

Edited by Karen Shelton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic