Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need an Amazing Detangler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
IndigoRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need an Amazing Detangler
    Posted: April 02 2005 at 1:04am

My hair is relaxed and is type 4a. It is about 4 inches above bra-strap length. My hair is EXTREMLY fragile when wet and tangles very easily.

Since my hair is so fragile, I shampoo every 5-7 days, although I would like to wash more often. I condition with each wash and use a leave-in conditioner as well.

When washing, I don’t do anything to contribute to the tangling…just water contact is enough for my hair to get tangled. I blow dry using a comb attachment because I can’t comb through my hair without the hot air and comb combination.

Once my hair is dried it is healthy looking, bouncy and easy to manage. Since I have to blow dry each time I wash: because of this tangling problem…. I tend to get spilt ends frequently. I also use the curling iron after I blow dry (no other time). I trim my ends every 6-8 weeks when I get my hair relaxed.

I am in search of products that will make my hair very silky and slippery, allowing the comb to glide through my hair when it is wet. I really would prefer to roller set it so I could stop using the blow dryer and curling iron.

Thanks,

Edited by IndigoRed
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 11:19am

Try pantene detangling spray......... it has silicones so i hope you plan to clarify. Mane and tail also has a detangler. How do you wash your hair? In the shower standing up or your head bent in the kitchen sink or bath tub? I suggest you wash in the shower standing up and use a wide tooth comb while standing directly under the spray...that helps

Edited by Renee
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 11:41am
also, what products do you use and whats your regimen? curling iron and blow dryer nearly everyday....eeeek!!!!
IndigoRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 1:40pm

Hey Renee - Thanks for the help.  I wash my hair in 1 direction in the shower standing up. I have used pantene conditioner which gives good results in the shower. I towel dry in 1 direction (all back) and applied pantene detangling spray it helps but not enough. I have tried mane & tail, but it did not react well with my hair. 

I don’t really have a regimen…but I do
  • I wash every 5-7 days.
  • Blow dry & use the curling iron only when I wash. (I am order the Solia flat iron to replace my curling iron) http://www.folica.com/Solia_Professio_d1561.html
  • Moisturize every day.
  • Drink lots of water and eat healthy
  • Started taking vitamins about 2 wks ago: muti-vitamin, biotin, fish oil, vit C.
Products I use in the pass 2 months:
  • Parnevu T-Tree shampoo (good results)
  • Parnevu T-Tree Leave-in conditioner (helps)
  • IC Hair polisher (helps)
  • Pantene smooth & sleek shampoo (good results)
  • Pantene smooth & sleek conditioner (good results in shower)
  • Pantene detangling conditioner (not bad: Parnevu works better for me)

Edited by IndigoRed
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 10:29am
Do you clarify? maybe your hair is misbehaving because of buildup??? Try doing an ACV rinse. When i have problems with buildup, my hair becomes a tangled mess and gets very frustrating. Since you use pantene which has silicones, i dont know about the parnevu, you gotta clarify
IndigoRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 12:47pm
I think I have clarified? PARNEVU T-Tree Shampoo: the shampoo I use now says its "designed to cleanse the hair and scalp of impurities".  What is a AVC rinse?

My hairdresser introduced me to Parnevu..I think it is new.  http://parnevu.com/

From this line I am using the following because I get dry, itchy scalp:
  • PARNEVU T-Tree Shampoo
  • PARNEVU T-Tree Leave In Conditioner
  • PARNEVU T-Tree Herbal Grow (Its a gease for the scalp...I hate using gease on my scalp...I use it very very lighty...This is also why I would like to wash more often, so I will not have to use gease products)
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 3:34pm
Based on your original post, it sounds like you would really benefit from PhytoDefrisant.  Fairly expensive (I think it's $24 if you buy from ths site - but free shipping, and it's not much less on eBay), but people swear by it.
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
IndigoRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2005 at 7:59pm
Hi Supersugar,
I never heard of this product before. Thanks for the product info .
Kim J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2005 at 12:16pm

Hi IndigoRed,

I recently tried the Sarlem Vitale hot oil treatment during my last wash and it worked wonders as far as a detangler.  I am a natural 3c/4a with a majority of 4a.  You may want to try it.

My normal regiment is to first shampoo with a very small amount of Pantene natural or relaxed (sometimes I use Optimum or another brand)  and follow it with a regular rinse out conditiner (usu. Sleek Look or Optimum) and a deep conditioner or hot oil treatment.  When I comb it out, I usually add a little Kiddie detangler or other leave-in conditioner but I did not need it when I used the Sarlem.  I then dry and style.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Kim J
-Happy Hair Days
Kim
IndigoRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2005 at 1:37pm
Hi Kim, Thank you very much
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 11:54am

I use the ApHOGEE pro-vitamin Leave-in Conditioner. I find that it works great as a detangler. I use Parnevu, too. However, this I use sparingly because seems not to like this as much when too much is applied.

My normal wash regimen consist of:

1. A pre-poo using a blend of organic virgin coconut oil, EVOO and aloe vera which I mix together in spray bottle. I spray this first on my scalp and apply generously throughout my hair. I then apply a plastic cap and let sit for appx 30min-1hr w/o heat.

2. Shampoo (either Pantene ProV Full & Thick or Humectant)

3. Condition (again Pantene or Humectant cond.)

4. Apply ApHOGEE proV leave-in sprayed liberally throughout hair. It combs thru great w/o tangles. I also use Parnevu Leave-In for extra dry hair. Both are great, but I prefer the ApHOGEE. I then do a wet roller-set and with Smooth 'n Shine polishing mousse and my hair comes out with extra body and shine!

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2005 at 8:06am
Hi Indigo. I have used Creme of Nature Detangling shampoo and it is the best detangling shampoo I have ever used! Afterwards I use Motions Leave-In COnditioner/detangler spray. It also works very well for my hair.
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2005 at 10:02pm

For a detangles I use a mixture of Infusium 23, Aphogee Provitamin Leave in, and Elasta Qp H2, mixed in a spray bottle with some jojoba and shea butter oils. It works pretty good. I used just that to air dr and my hair came out so soft.

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 6:06pm

Originally posted by IndigoRed IndigoRed wrote:

Hey Renee - Thanks for the help.  I wash my hair in 1 direction in the shower standing up.

This could be causing tangles.  Some people can not wash all their hair in one direction or at one time. Try washing your hair in sections (Keep it seperated while washing).

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 8:05pm

I suggest: Mane & Tail Detangler provides great slip and Creme Of Nature Detangling Shampoo which works very well on my hair.

Edited by jasmine2g3

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
IndigoRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2005 at 10:26pm

Hi Ladies, Thank you all so much for the advice. You all are very helpful.

Hey Honeydoo & jasmine2g3, I use to use Crème of Nature a few years ago (+5 yrs); I am not sure why I stopped….I am going to try it again. 

Edited by IndigoRed
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 1:02pm
I agree with Honeydoo...creme of nature is the best detangling shampoo.  I have very long curly hair and it tangles when wet also.  I am the queen of detangler so I can help you out.  The best thing I have used and I swear by this stuff is Hask Placenta instant hair repair treatment.  They have a regular and super strength.  It make the hair very slick and the comb just glides through so easy.  I love it.  When it dries the hair is extremely soft also.  I got this from Sally Beauty Supply.  Also, Doo Gro has a leave in conditioner that is really good too, it make the hair very slick.  Try standing directly under the water while combing the conditioner out of your hair.
nyx` View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyx` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 5:59pm

My favorite detangling conditioner is luster revitalex conditioner.  It really does make the tangles just slip out. 

And I'm telling you, that it nothing short of a miracle on thick, coarse, 4a hair.

femmgrangwav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmgrangwav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2005 at 11:35am

Originally posted by IndigoRed IndigoRed wrote:

What is a AVC rinse?

AVC is Apple Cider Vinegar you buy it in the grocery store.  You can use it in your hair to clarify.

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 12:16pm
has anyone tried biolage detangling solution? is it creamy or watery?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic