Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone tried Garnier 100% Color?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxsecret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxsecret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone tried Garnier 100% Color?
    Posted: April 02 2005 at 10:03am

I have dark brown hair and I'm thinking of trying the "Blue Black". Is it a good coloring product and does it really work? Post your experiences.

VeeDubGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 10:21am
I have medium brown hair and I recently used  Garnier 100% Color in, "Bright Auburn Brown". I wasn't very happy with my results. Instead of getting a bright reddish brown that I expected, I got this really bright purply-burgundy color. It looked terribly. I also found the mixture to be really runny and messy, I had hair color all over the place and if just a small amount touch my skin it took forever to get off, and those things have never happened to be before.The only good thing was that it faded like crazy and was almost completely gone after about two weeks or so.  Maybe my experience was an out of the ordinary bad one, but over all I find Garnier products in general to be kinda mediocre. Perhaps it will be different with their "blue black" color. If you try it, just be careful with it, like I said it's super messy!

What about L'Oreal's Feria, in "Starry Night"? It doesn't have as must blue in it, but this is one of my favorite black colors available, I also highly reccomend Feria products. I have better luck with them than any other color out there. They last long and are true to their color.

Whatever you decide to try, I wish you lots of luck!! And, keep us all posted on how it turns out.

Edited by VeeDubGirl
xxsecret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxsecret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2005 at 10:48am

Wow.. thanks for the info. I really needed to know how the product is like. I will consider L'Oreal's Starry Night, but I don't know if that product has the desired blue tint I want. Also, on the box of the Garnier 100% Color, the hair of the model doesn't look that shiny and healthy. Well.. i dont know what to do yet, but I will decide soon. Thanks again for the info and I'll be checking back to see what other people have to say.

MissTrixiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissTrixiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2005 at 11:44am
Truthfully, I've had very good luck with the Garnier 100% colors. I've
previously used the Intense Red, and for the last 7 mos., the Blue Black.
The blue tends to fade more quickly (and doesn't show much on darker
hair). In order to get more blue, I've followed up with another blue tint
(avoid using too close to the scalp!).
To avoid staining your skin, put an ample amount of lotion on your ears
and around you hair line (even your neck) right before coloring. That will
help to clean off any color drips.
It is a runnier solution than most, but my hair is uber thick and this
actaully made things easier for me.
I'm not by any means a professional, but speak from 20 years experience
of home coloring ;-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic