Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Microdermabrasion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kim J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Microdermabrasion
    Posted: April 04 2005 at 12:25pm

Does anyone in this thread know anything about or had microdermabrassion?  If so, please share what you know about it as far as results and the process.

Thanks

-Happy Hair Days
Kim
Harvy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2005 at 8:38am

I have had microdermabrasion twice, and i loved the immediate results. However i find that the results didnt last.

I experienced a sunburn effect a few hours later, but it went away the next day. Make sure you use lots of moisteriser afterwards, as microdermabrasion takes off a layer of skin, so u dont want it drying.

Also, dont use chemicals, such as powerful face products 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after approx.

Edited by Harvy
"I've learned that you cannot make someone love you... all you can do is stalk them and and hope they panic and give in"
poisongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poisongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 1:18pm
Is it o.k. to use one of those home microdermabrasion systems? Can you use products that contain sacylic acid afterwards?
babyj32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyj32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2005 at 12:32am
Before you get microdermabrasion, try Origins Modern Friction. I'm serious, it's a miricle product. You'll see and feel a huge difference in your skin the first time you use it. It's gentle too. The frist time I used it, I just kept feeling my face because it was so soft and smoth. its only $35 and lasts a long time. I'm really not kidding, It's the best thing out there as far as an alternative to getting microdermabrasion!
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2005 at 11:10pm
I agree with Origins Modern Friction.  It is a definte less expensive and works quite well.  I have had microdermbrasion done by my dermatologist...but it is quite expensive...at least here in Canada. 
Shabs_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shabs_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 6:04pm

Hi Kim

I have had 4 MDA treatments done over the past couple of months. the main reason i went for them was to get rid of scarring left by spots and also to improve the condition of my skin. my beautician recommended a course of 6 over a period of 6-8 weeks but i found this too intense. 

having had the 4 treatments i haven't really noticed a difference at all. the first treatment left my skin glowing, smooth and soft. however this only lasted a few days and then went back to normal.

i was also suffering from spots (still am infact ) so thought the treatment may help as it is suppose to help with acne, however again no difference there either.

i did alot of research before having the MDA and it sounded fantastic, however i personally haven't gained from it.

may work better on different skin types. maybe best if you try a couple of sessions but i would recommend leaving at least 2 weeks between each treatment and see how it goes.

all the best

Edited by Shabs_
Hiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2005 at 11:59am

I just ordered Origins Modern Friction because of the good reviews... I'll post here when I get the product and get t use it. I hope it works as well as people say

Hopefully the marks in my face will go away. I'll get the product in 2~3 weeks.

Pascal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pascal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 12:48pm
I get my Microdermabrasion every two weeks, I use to use very heavey foundation and powders that constantly would clog my pores and then I would look like I hade a belmish and try to cover it up even more with foundation, this caused scars on my skin from picking at blemishes, so now after all that I have to go every other week to the estitician who gives me a facial and does microdermabrasion on my face then she manually extracts pimple's, and black heads. It is not a fun experience but you have to do it to get glowing skin. I reccomend doing microdermabrasion once a month if you have no real blemishes or dark sacars, otherwise they usually reccomd evry other week.
"My mom always told me when I was young - " don't dye your hair it's like tatoos once you start you can never stop". And she was right". - Naomi Watts
rupertnrupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rupertnrupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2011 at 11:01pm
Microdermabrasion is treatment which removes acne scars, wrinkles,old spots, dead skin, dark circles and many more. It is very good treatment for skin. It has no side effects so everybody can apply it. It is also cheap. I have experience with this treatment and get best best result.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic