Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

least damaging straightners

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
andreacw04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andreacw04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: least damaging straightners
    Posted: April 04 2005 at 3:03pm

Hey

Looking to buy a straightner. Just wondering which you guys think do the least damage, also if you know any products that help that would be great. Thanks

Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2005 at 6:49pm
by "straightener" do you mean a flat iron? or do you mean a chemical process. if its the latter, i would not try to do it your self. trust me, it comes out pretty bad. imagine your hair falling apart. if its the first option, go to a beauty supply store, and tell the sales clerk the price range you are willing to spend. then ask for the best one in that price range. as far as damage is concerned, dont flat iron it daily, deep condition weekly, and make sure you find a heat setting that is hot enough to get you the results you want, but not hot enough to fry your hair. 
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
andreacw04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andreacw04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2005 at 7:13pm
hehe no i meant flat iron, sorry i didnt specify
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2005 at 7:58pm

If you focus on getting the higher end brands you'll have less damage in the long run! Oh and I dunno if you read my other post, but I just got one called the HAI 2 for 150 from a mall beauty supply. I checked out folica.com and they had the same one for $105, AND free shipping! If you want the best of the best according to highest reviews and wht not you should get the Sedu ceramic iron, which is $125 on folica.com and this one also has free shipping. Here's the direct link: http://www.folica.com/Sedu_Ionic_Cera_d1560.html

If you looking for something cheaper, you could get the Solia iron for like $88 or the Sapphire iron for $85 i think. (www.folica.com) The sapphire seems like a really decent ceramic iron if ur unwilling to pay over a 100 bucks, and it also got the best rating for a flat iron from allure magazine.

Anyway, I hope you find the flat iron ur lookin for soon, but beware of local beauty supplies that sell them at the cost price. Seriously I think its best to order from folica!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic