Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Baggie Method --ughh! /Suggestions please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baggie Method --ughh! /Suggestions please
    Posted: April 06 2005 at 1:15am

Help...what happened???!!!

OK. Now......I was so enthused about trying the baggie method due to the raves I've read so much about. I actually tried it appx. 3-4 times and my hair does NOT love it ya'll!!  My ends came out worse than before --they were dry, brittle and now seems to be actually breaking more than before!! My ends need serious help. But know I have to go back and repair damage seemingly done from what was supposed to be the solution!

I applied a leave-in conditioner (Parnevu for dry hair- which is fine when applied to my hair daily as a light cond.) mixed w/ EVOO. Is this not the right combination? Should I be trying something else? Or is the baggie method just not right for me? Maybe this is too much conditioning for my hair?? What do you guys think?

Has anyone else a problem w/ the baggie method? If so what problems or is it just me doing something wrong??!! NOW, what the heck do I do to rectify the problem. I now need help to reverse the damage done to my ends! Suggestions Please!!

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
weaveitup^_^ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaveitup^_^ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 1:57am
i think it may be the parnevu, that stuff has alot of mineral oil
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 7:57am
When i first cut all of my perm out, i used parnevue daily and it worked well, but as my hair grew longer, it no longer worked anymore so i started using aussie conditioners. I still use those along with a great conditioner(i got 60 bottles) on e-bay. From time to time i also use some dominican shampoos and conditioners. i use shapley's m-t-g, unrefined shea butter, shealoe butter or organic hair butter. I apply it to my scalp and hair at nite and then put a thin, plastic cap over my head and go to sleep. I do a co wash in the a.m.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 8:36am
It could be the oil, I think if u use  hair butters and conditioners on your ends it will work with the baggie method. Sometimes, oils can make your hair hard and crunchy feeling, unless u use just a dab of oil and more moisturizer than oil.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 9:00am
The baggie method doesnt work for me either. I think it depends on hair type. I had the most amount of breakage ever everytime i tried it. All i got was dry, brittle hair. You can keep on trying..... 
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 5:07pm

Thanks guys for your responses!!!  Maybe it was the Parnevu, but I'd never had a problem w/using it before. I dont know. Maybe this baggie method just doesn't work for me. Carameldiva, how does the hair butters work for relaxed hair?  I may try the conditioner instead, but afraid that may not work either and I don't want to cause my hair to get any more brittle or drier than it's gotten.  Renee, how did you combat the breakage after trying this? Any particular products you used that helped at all?

~TIA~

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 6:44pm
i remember slathering it with my conditioner (humectress) and then doing a protein treatment the next day.
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 9:20pm

Hey Browneyez2,

I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I know I'm always raving about it, but the first time I tried it I got similar results. The first time I tried using Motions moisture creme and Olive oil. My hair hate it. I never tried Parvenu because my mom used it before and hated it. I've heard not so good results with it. It could also be the combo. I learned that my hair loves carrot and castor oil so I alternate between the two. I also use carrot creme and just recently mango butter on the ends. I know that when I don't put enought on moisture on my ends and too much oil , in the morning my ends don't feel as good. I tend to put more moisture than oil. With anything, it takes alittle trial an error. Also I don't use a band to bun my hair, I use hair pins. Then I put on the baggie before my satin night cap. I do this method when my hair is dry, but you may be able to do it wet. You might have better results.

If you try other options with the baggie and you still don't like it, go with what you know works for your hair. I hope this helps some.

http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 10:13pm
Browneyez2, unfortunately i wouldn't know how hair butters work for relaxed hair- some say that it works well for them and others it doesn't. I guess it kinda depends on whether your hair reacts well to oils or to butters.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 9:54am

i agree with honeydoo. a lot of people love castor oil and ive also discovered it these past few days..... try mixing with either olive, jojoba, or coconut oil. What i do, i mix it with every kind of oil i have and apply on my ends....

mysweetevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysweetevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2005 at 2:38pm
I tried using Protectiv healthy ends for a week and it worked well.
sweet like honey!
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 12:37pm
Try doing protein treatments every two weeks for the breakage.  When I grew out my relaxer I had a lot of breakage and protein treatments are the only thing that got me through.  Some good ones are cholesterol plus and the Ion protein packs.  I use just about any kind of protein packs because protein is what you need to strengthen your ends.  Just slather it on after you shampoo and sit under the dryer with a plastic cap for about 15 to twenty minutes. Rinse out and don't forget to condition again with a regular conditioner like pantene, dove, finesse or whatever you like.  I found this really makes a difference.  My hair is now past the middle of my back to the top of my waist.  Hope this helps!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic