Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

high triglycerides

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: high triglycerides
    Posted: April 06 2005 at 11:06am
Someone told me I have problems losing weight because I have 'high triglycerides'. Anyone know what this is?
DianeLuvsMunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DianeLuvsMunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 12:04pm
I think it has something to do with your cholesterol or fat levels in your blood. Who told you that?  your doctor?
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 12:11pm
I've never heard that before. As far as I know, blood triglyceride levels are entirely unrelated to bodyfat.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 12:29pm

Actually, no one told me. I read it in a book by some Californian doctor. He said that when he was 50 he started to get fat--and however much exercise and dieting he did, he couldn't lose the extra weight. He went to see his own doctor and was told he had these famous 'high triglycerides', which seems to be equivalent to some metabolic imbalance that prevents weight loss. The doctor put him on various vitamin supplements--and soon he was able to start losing weight again. I have since read another description of HG and there it says that they are something in the brain that make you think you're hungry when you're not. I know these seem to be 2 different explanations--but this is the only info. I have about HT.

Anyway, I have the same problem, so I think it could be the same thing.

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 3:08pm
High triglycerides in the blood are a sign that you may be at an increased risk for heart and other circulatory diseases. They are very much influenced by weight, diet, exercise, and heredity, as are other markers like cholesterol level. Modifications in the diet may cause the reduction of a person's triglyceride level, and may also cause weight loss, but this in no way indicates that there is any cause and effect operating.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 3:14pm
I am sure that I am working too hard to lose weight...so there must be a reason. The above 2 explanations I have personally read in medical books. Maybe the question should be: "What is the efffect of HT on diet and body fat?"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic