Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

American Dream Order

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American Dream Order
    Posted: August 11 2005 at 1:49pm

Update on AD order:

When I placed my order, it seemed to go so well, I knew if was too good to be true.  They called me the next day saying there was  a problem with my order.  I guess they were out of a few colors that I wanted and didn't have many of my selections in the 36" length, only had the 18" and that's not long enough.

Then, even though they shipped to me before, they said I needed to fill out some authorization form for the credit card.  Then I swear the girl didn't give me 2 seconds to reply to her, and she said, "ok, bye now" and hung up on me!

So I say screw these people!  I have a feeling that the thermo would not stand up well over time anyway.  As I reported, I have been playing around with curling it with an iron, and it curls nicely, but when you brush out or even finger rake out the curls, it turns into poofy frizz.  I was not able to steam out the frizz, but I was able to dampen the hair and use a flat iron to remove most, but not all of the frizz.

I still love the plastik / pro hair.  If it frizzes I can easily blow it out.  It's predictable and workable.  I'll stick with that.

FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 6:53am

Syren - Amm got the blonde, I got a snippet of it that I still fondle from time to time, but haven't yet installed because I'm in rehab "I will not mix human and synth I will NOT mix human and synth I WILL NOT mix human and synth".

As I recall though they didn't have nearly the color selection that they advertised? Also none of us have actually taken this hair for a long test drive. . . I think it's still in the hair vaults as opposed to on the heads of fair ladies?

But I am still searching for the synthetic holy grail. I am *so* disappointed in this RK install - I'm back to that "Garth" look (as in Wayne's World!). One World, One Party! Ahh the memories my hair brings to me each day as I struggle with it. . ."Excellent!"

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 3:43am

I just got off the phone with AD and placed an order for 8 packages of the 36" thermofiber.   I guess that's what happens when it's 2AM my time and I can't sleep... I go shopping in Europe!

Anyway, the girl was extremely pleasant and helpful on the phone.  They said I should have my order in 10 working days.  The last time I ordered I received it in 8 days I think.

I'll let you all know when it arrives!

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 12:03am
I have an AD thermo color ring from my one and only order. I'll take and post pix tomorrow if that will help plus I'll let it go to a good home.

Just to let everyone know what happened with the original order: There were about 8 people who wanted to order. It was at least 6 different colors in 2 lengths, all silky straight wefts. AD is not set up for internet sales so all contact had to be by phone. Long story short: inconvenient (time zone diffs) and some unprofessionalism on their part made it difficult. There were several calls to me (also inconvenient-I'm either at work at 10am or asleep at 4 am) for various shipping charge issues, confirmations and other things, and the bottom line was they were OUT of 5 of the 6 colors we wanted.
Whew.
So amm and I ended up getting a couple of wefts of whatever they had plus a color ring just to see what the hair was like and if it was worth the hoop-jumping.
I think Fina ultimately got some of the blonde that came over, right?
My dark #2 is far and away the nicest synthetic - thermo or no - that I've ever seen. I have not worn it, however. Still in the bag. But it is LOVELY through 3 or 4 test washings and curlings. There are several women here that swear AD thermo is the bomb and I can absolutely see why. It's a bit pricey when you do the currency conversion and the RIDICULOUS UK-US shipping, but the hair is unsurpassed. If you're into synthetic, this is a must try.
Just be prepared for the ordering process. Be PREPARED with your order, be patient, and don't freak about the total cost. One good thing: it arrives really quickly and it's worth waiting for!
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2005 at 9:54pm
Hi y'all. . . me too!!! This human hair thing, as much as I want it to work out, is. . .kinda. . .difficult. . .SO . . . I would still love to pursue the ever-old, ever-mysterious, AD options. And YES, cybermane, they absolutely DO sell to the public. . .I guess that they have troubles/problems selling/shipping no matter *who* the buyer is!
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 12:44pm
oh yes Charlene, AD sells to the public, thats not the problem. It just seems they are so complicated to deal with, and they arent set up for online shopping. But we can do this by PM if it makes ya feel better! So Ill PM you with what I want to order

Edited by sherrie215
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 12:05pm

Originally posted by sherrie215 sherrie215 wrote:

Charlene thanks for the update....I would be interested in an AD order, if you let me know when you are going to be ordering again

Whenever you and the girls are ready!  I also highly recommend buying the book.

Gee, I'm worried about AD suspending my account because I'm trying to help.  For Pete's sake, it was this very same forum that introduced my to that luscious hair anyway.  But Sherrie, I'm so worried cause my name is PUBLIC  with them and with this forum.

Please confirm- AD sells to the public, right?

-Charlene

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 11:10am
Charlene thanks for the update....I would be interested in an AD order, if you let me know when you are going to be ordering again
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 11:04am
oh well maybe AD is finally getting there stock all in. I dont remember exactly what happened but the joint order fell through, but that was awhile ago. Id definitely be interested in trying some AD themal
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 10:52am
Originally posted by kirstyx1888xmac kirstyx1888xmac wrote:

charlene how mcuh do you want for your colour ring? also can yu help me what colur matches a 22 HH and an 8?

i got a 76 for the 22 but im thinking this might be nearer as 613...

Hi- This is what I paid for it. http://www.hairextensionsnow.com/index.php?main_page=product _info&cPath=2&products_id=13

But I'll take is for the same cost as AD plus shipping. 

76 is more golden {I love that colour}.  613 is platinum.  They got 613 and 613B- one is a little lime undertones {very pretty}.  88 is in between 76 and 613.  But I'm not in the shop so this is my memory.

-Charlene

kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 10:38am

sherrie . i think the peole at AD are reeeely weird

itslike they dont want customers they made it diffuclt for me to get my wefts as well.and the first time i called they couldnt accept my debit card for some reason so i siad I WOULD call back the next day.......the next day they rang me like 4 times on my mobile at WORK and left answer fone messages ..i was like wtf

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 10:31am

charlene how mcuh do you want for your colour ring? also can yu help me what colur matches a 22 HH and an 8?

i got a 76 for the 22 but im thinking this might be nearer as 613...

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 10:19am

Originally posted by sherrie215 sherrie215 wrote:

it never happened kirsty, AD kept putting us off, said something about not having the thermal fibers in stock, waiting for certain colors to get instock, something like that....

Geez Sherrie, that's sad to hear.  After I saw the topic, I got so excited because girls, let me tell you this is far better than the human!!!  But once I noticed the dates, then it hit me...  

Anyway, I received my order of the thermo couple days ago.  I ordered 13 colors.  I wanted all bulk 20" because you get more hair and it's 2" longer than the wefts for a pound{UK} more.  But instead they gave me some bulk and some wefts.

I also ordered the book by T. Bullock {IT'S A MUST!!!}  It shows you how to place the extensions in various areas of the head and how to apply them in many ways.  Colorful pics and everything.

I also ordered a hair sectioner, but they sent me drawing cards, which I already have, so I will return it for the correct item or for credit/ refund.

Overall, I never had to call them.  I don't even have long distance.  It was all done via email even getting their catalog {Thanks Syren}.  They are very rapid in their response.  However they do not accept paypal so they give you a form to fill out with your cc info and cvv code, etc.  Mine is on file now.  They also mentioned something about being afraid to sell because they have had bad experieces.

If anybody wants an order, I can help  {Sh*t, I hope I don't get in trouble with AD though, my name is all over with them and with this forum }

I really love this hair over the other synthetics and the humans {I'm not into human anyway}.  Thermo stays nice and shiny, feels like silk!  I have an Ultratess II, prohair, and thermo in my head and the Ultratress II is frizzed out {very highlifted blonde}.  The prohair is still good {dry but good} but the thermo- amazingly soft.   {PS. Currently my hair is blue/black colored on top and I wear the barbie blonde hilites.}

PS. I have an extra color ring if anybody needs it.  I bought it from another company who sells the hair for 50% more than AD.  I think the color ring on the AD book is old.

I LOVE THERMO ,

-Charlene

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 8:18am
it never happened kirsty, AD kept putting us off, said something about not having the thermal fibers in stock, waiting for certain colors to get instock, something like that....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 6:43am
did u all get your odrder? i know this is post is old. how did it work out...
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 6:14am
Oh my, this may be that "perfect" synth we've been looking for!
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 12:44pm
Update as of this morning 4/12.

None of the colors we ordered were in stock in the thermofiber except 613 and 340. All other colors were expected to arrive within 3 weeks.

FYI, we ordered 27H, 32, 33, 25, 613 and 340 in 18" and 36" silky wefts.

If we're still interested in 3 weeks, we'll try to put together another group order.

Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 12:09pm
Just adding this info to this thread for all those who plan on
future orders with American Dream......

I called Mandeep this morning to clear up the confusion a little,
here is the info I got……

**THE WEBSITE WILL HAVE THE
THERMOFIBRE PAGE UP SHORTLY**

She said if you call her she will be more than happy to answer
all questions you have. Here is the direct # (with a 7 # code for
50% savings on your call for starters)

DIAL: (1016868) 011-44-208-743-0206
– Please call for the most updated info

HERE IS THE LATEST INFO AS OF TODAY!

They have “synthetic” hair which comes in 75 colors.
In these textures-
-yaki braid
-silky jumbo braid
-super soft braid

AND

They have “thermofibre” in 29 new shades, which will be
available by the end of April (which I had originally posted on
the other AD thread)….

(THIS IS THE STATUS OF RIGHT NOW WHAT THEY HAVE
AVAILABLE)
In these texture-
-Straight -18" (length) in bulk only, in all colors including fancy

-Straight in 18,36,60”s (length) in wefts
18"......in all colors including fancy colors (in stock)
36"......in all natural colors (in stock)
60"......in all blonde colors (in stock)
** If you require fancy colors in 36" and more natural/fancy
colors in 60" lengths, you can get it but please know it may take
up to 2-3 weeks to get it**

-Switch Wave- 18” (length) in weft only, in nat/base colors only

-Yaki bulk- in 18” and 20” (length) and only in nat/base colors
(relaxed,coarse texture)

-French Wave- in 18” (length) bulk only, in nat/base colors
* No wefts available in French Wave*

**Fancy colors are also available in Switch Wave, Yaki Bulk,
and French Wave but they will also take 2-3 weeks to get it**

.....................................Rates Change Daily

Thermofibre Color Ring-29 colors-£12.00....(£22.44 approx)

Thermofibre Silky St Weft 18" - £ 9.95……....($18.61 approx)
Thermofibre Silky St Weft 36" - £19.95….......($37.30 approx)
Thermofibre Silky St Weft 60" - £32.95……...($61.61 approx)
Thermofibre Silky St Bulk 18" - £8.95...........($16.74 approx)
Thermofibre Switch Wave Weft 18"- £9.95.....($18.61 approx)
Thermofibre French Wave Bulk 18"- £8.95.....($16.74 approx)   
Thermofibre Yaki Bulk 18" Non Dying- £8.95..($16.74 approx)
Thermofibre Yaki Bulk 20" Non Dying-£10.95...($20.48
approx)

**This hair fibre can be dyed or permed**

**Fibres can be heated up to 180 degrees C**

I asked about the wave, how they hold after washing
(honestly)..this was the reply……
The waves do drop out after about 1 - 1 1/2 months…..
The French wave will become more of a kink after this time.
The Switch Wave which is more crimpy, will relax to more
like waves, after this time.

FOUND THIS THREAD WHICH MENTIONS
AD HAIR-
CURL?????

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=
20582&PN=16

Jenny~ This was a question you posted the other day. I
e-mailed her and got her response…….

Hi

Sorry but no we don't do pre-tipped synthetic hair or
thermofibre hair we only do it in human hair.

Sorry...
Regards

Mandeep

No #600 (This was from the old color ring)

HERE IS THE NEW "UPDATED" 29 COLORS,
WHICH WILL ALL BE AVAILABLE BY THE END OF APRIL

THERMOFIBRE
29 SHADE COLOR CHART

1. JET BLACK
1B NATURAL BLACK
2   BROWN/BLACK
3   DARK BROWN
4   BROWN
15 GOLDEN BROWN
16 GOLDEN BLONDE
25 BEIGE
27 CARAMEL
27H DARK CARAMEL
30   LIGHT CUPRIC BROWN
30Y DEEP ASH BROWN
32   CHOCOLATE BROWN
33   COPPER
99J PLUM
60   GREY WHITE
118 BURGANDY    
144 GOLD
340 CUPRIC BROWN    
350 TOPAZ
613 CREAM BLONDE
613D LIGHT BLONDE
900   DEEP BURGANDY
1000 WHITE
1005 ORANGE GINGER
3100 RED
PURPLE
BABY PINK
SILVER

**ORDERS HAVE TO BE PLACED BEFORE 1PM LONDON
TIME TO GO OUT THAT SAME DAY, OTHERWISE THEY WILL
GO OUT NEXT DAY**

UPDATE
I called Mandeep this morning (mon) and I asked if she would
give a discount on shipping for a BULK/GROUP order. If you
have about 20-30 pieces she can work something out.
So make sure you place your order directly with Mandeep
herself when you are ready to place an order(mon-fri only) for
discount shipping.

**She also updated me on colors in stock. Some may take 2-3
weeks to receive. Please see above for the latest info.

UPDATE...(tue)

Hi

Sorry for the delay

The width of the weft for:
18” – 1m 52cm = approx 60”- width (3.5 oz)      
36" - 1m 54cm = approx 60”+ width       
60" - 1m 79cm = approx 70”+ width

Regards

Mandeep

HOPE THIS HELPS!!

Edited by Save~A~Stray
octmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 11:12pm

I want the S wave....Finally a curly curl. I can't make the color ring any larger...I want a light brown in 36 Weft...I guess the French wave??

Octavia

Faces of Pain - One woman's Journey with Chronic Pain
www.octavaia@got-to-have-art.com
A world without ART is a world without color
GOT ART???
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 9:20am
Originally posted by NewlyGurl NewlyGurl wrote:

I'm new...but can I get in on the order also?

Sherry

Yes, of course! PM me with your order by tonight and I'll tell you about what your cost will be.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic