Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oldies Please Add Your Intro As Well

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oldies Please Add Your Intro As Well
    Posted: April 07 2005 at 1:26pm

Hi,

It was suggested to me by Elissa (thank you Elissa) that I encourage everyone to post an introduction here...including some folks that have been posting here since 1997. 

So please....everyone that feels comfortable...we would love to hear more about who visits us here.

Thanks so much.
Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 7:06am
You're quite welcome.

I'm Elissa, soon to be 39. I have always loved the topic of "hair" so I was thrilled to find this place about two years ago (not sure of that, have to look at my profile).   When I first came here I was single, professional career lady and dating. Now I'm married with a 9 month old, and a stay at home mom!   I don't have as much time for hair talk or even hair care, but I do try to pop in every day.

I've always had longish hair, and consider that to be my trademark! I cut and color my own hair at home so I'm always looking to exchange tips. My favorite "boards" are General Hair Talk, Long Hair Discussion, Hair Color, and Pregnancy (since I spent so much time in that state, or so it seemed).

I was once the moderator for Diet Days, but I have less time for both the 'net and that topic these days.

The Hairboutique shop run by Karen is superb in both products and service! Anyone who hasn't yet checked it out should get over there without delay.

See ya on the boards!

Elissa

Edited by Elissa
[/url]

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 7:45am

Hi Elissa,

Thanks for the excellent bio.  There were some things I didn't know about you.  For example, I know about your lovely baby but I didn't realize that you cut your own hair at home.  That is awesome.  Right now I am between hairdressers (the first one left town & then went MIA and the 2nd got tired of hairdressers & quite to work in an office) and trying to figure out if I want to take the plunge and do some of my own trimming for a change.  I trim any split ends I find....all the time, but bangs and total trim?  Hmmmm.  Definitely mulling that over.

I am so glad you have hung in there with us through the ups and downs and share so much helpful wisdom on all the boards.

Hugs,
Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 8:41am

Hi Elissa and Karen!  What a great idea for oldies to come in and tell about themselves! 

My name is Debbie.  I am a 47 (yikes!) yr. old stay at home wife. I have got 4 children (2 girls and 2 boys) and 4 -(soon to be 5)--grandchildren! 

I love to decorate the home (I am now into wicker!), the computer as well as spend time with my grown children and my grandchildren!  I also like doing things with my hair-even though it is short!

Oh, I also like coming on here and reading!  Have a great day!

Debbie 

There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 8:42am

Hi Debbie,

Never fear....50 is the new 30.  :-)

Have a great day.

Karen

Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 8:44am

Thanks Karen I needed that! You just made my day!

Debbie

There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 6:51am
I've been cutting my own hair since I was a teen, although then I took more risks and made more mistakes, resulting in "fix trips" to the stylist. I screwed up my hair right before my senior prom and ended up with one of the shorter haircuts I've ever had for that grand event (above my shoulders even!)   I've also ended up with super-short bangs, once I needed to blow dry all of them off to the side while waiting for them to grow back.

#1 tip of all-time for cutting one's own hair: be stone-cold sober. It may seem like it'd be fun to cut your hair when you're a-buzzin, but it's a BAD idea.
[/url]

luckystar View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luckystar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2005 at 8:46am
Hello I'm a newby but I'd like to say hello too.
hello from lucky star - have a nice day!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic