Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair technique instructions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Amy Taylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 7:01am
this really helps thanks
parafire247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parafire247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2009 at 7:55am
cmesweet - Thank you so much!  Even though I am white, my daughters love some of these styles in their hair (great for the beach!).  I knew how to do 1 (corn row), now I can try what they want! Smile

Edited by parafire247 - June 19 2009 at 7:58am
MsMiamiLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMiamiLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2009 at 1:56pm
great links!
Godsflowerrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godsflowerrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2008 at 6:58pm
great links!!!!!Big%20smile
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2008 at 6:21am

You are so welcome!

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2008 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

Yes, there are alot of ways to do a headwrap

THere is a book on this site  http://www.bilaldesigns.com about 17 pages long that shows step-by- step pictures and text of how to do various headwraps.  It also tells  you what type of and size of the  material you will need.  This helped me, when I do wear headwraps I get alot of compliments and  people ask me to teach them...which is hard for me to do, cause i am still learning. Practice makes perfect.

This is similar to Yaya's

Thank you sooo much cmesweet
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2008 at 4:10pm

Yes, there are alot of ways to do a headwrap

THere is a book on this site  http://www.bilaldesigns.com about 17 pages long that shows step-by- step pictures and text of how to do various headwraps.  It also tells  you what type of and size of the  material you will need.  This helped me, when I do wear headwraps I get alot of compliments and  people ask me to teach them...which is hard for me to do, cause i am still learning. Practice makes perfect.

This is similar to Yaya's

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2008 at 12:09pm
I didn't kno there were more than one type Embarrassed...I have a square scarf that I'm not able ta tie around my head in a way so that it covers all of my hair & somethin' similar to YaYa's:
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2008 at 11:20am
What kind of   scarf wrap are you trying to do?
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2008 at 10:40am

Hi Princess,

You can find cornrowing instruction videos on    youtube.  I know the member Najaface has instructions on there.  Also, Braidsbybreslin.com sells instructioal  videos. 

Hope that helps.

Thanks cmesweet I'll check them out,
Now how about that scarf wrap? LOL I love them du-rags n all *does Ciara dance from "Like A Boy"* LOL...I jus wanna be able ta do a proper scarf wrap
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2008 at 4:59pm
Hi Princess,

You can find cornrowing instruction videos on    youtube.  I know the member Najaface has instructions on there.  Also, Braidsbybreslin.com sells instructioal  videos. 

Hope that helps.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2008 at 8:14pm

How to cornrow, scarf wrap, bantu knots etc.

http://ourhair.net/content/category/5/85/58/

Anyone kno of anotha site that shows how ta cornrow & scarf wrap (I need all tha help I can get, my best friend cracks on me cause I'm tha only female he knows who rocks du-rags n has them in a bunch of colors cause I dont kno how ta wrap a scarf round my head right EmbarrassedLOL)
SexySyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SexySyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 5:29pm
Just to reply on my earlier possting in April, I have upgraded to roller setting.  After washing and conditioning, I would roller set my hair with the biggest rollers my hair can hold, go under my hairdry for 45-60 mins.  After hair is completely dry, I remove rollers and wrap my hair to get it nice and straight.  Sometimes, I would even take a hairdry to blow out the roots before wrapping.
femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 8:01am
thank you thank you thank you!! excellent information!
some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.
kittenbubbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittenbubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2007 at 3:37pm
man great info
SexySyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SexySyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2007 at 4:00pm
I usually wrap my hair in the towel, squeeze most of the water out, then pull it into a pony tail and let it air dry for about 30 - 60 minutes, then blow dry my hair by alternating between the low setting of my blow dryer and the cold air blast button.  No tugging, pulling, and it only takes a few minutes because it's almost dry already and I still don't dry it out completely.
LovelyLisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2006 at 9:51am
Thank you ladies for posting the links.  I needed to know how to do a slip knot for my invisibles and one of the links helped alot!  Thanks again!
Linneahope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linneahope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2006 at 7:45pm
Any strait out of the shower styles? Or anything that isn't very time consuming?
Rejan Robinson
keg265 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keg265 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2006 at 10:12am
thasts brushing the hair around the head , dort of like in a bee hive then setting it with neck paper straps .
I Hate Bad Hair Days.
socialbutterfly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socialbutterfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 6:39am
what excatly is wrapping your hair? do you guys have pics?
Trust God; He holds the key to your future.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic