Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BEST Makeup! Need any advice? ASK ME!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 2:57pm
Well I got my Grand Prize from Physicians Formula.  I've entered a sweepstakes a while ago when I was at their website doing a little research on whether to buy this product.  As you seen me in previous posts, I was asking  questions about the product and getting advice.  I was so excited to hear that I won (NO strings attached).  I have never won anything online before.  It arrived at my house today and I can't believe how much makeup was in my nicely sized carry on suitcase (Hideo Wakamatsu Design, its pink and from Japan). The Grand Prize  has a retail value of $585 in makeup.  I am set for life with makeup from Physicians Formula.  AWESOME !!
"The most wasted day of all is that during which we have not laughed." :)
want2kno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2kno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2006 at 9:26pm

Originally posted by GoldieLocks92 GoldieLocks92 wrote:

Hi!
I would like a makeup technique that would make my eyes seem bigger, rounder, and brighter. I would like my makeup to seem as natural as possible and wear as little of it as possible.
Any advice?

I heard using white eyliner under your eyes makes them appear bigger I haven't tried it yet though

Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 2:20pm

I agree with the white eyeliner. It will open the eye up.

To make them wider, you could put two layers of mascara on the outer corners.

Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 2:25pm
Sorry I forgot one. Brighter eyes. Take and heat an eye curler with a blow dryer. Now squeeze the lases. Then apply the mascara.
Tinymom05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinymom05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 8:39pm
have you tried dermablend cause i was thinking fo getting that for my dark undereye circles and rosecea and my acne scar.
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 3:22pm

A group of us made some delicious tasting lip gloss this morning.

We took 2 tbsp of crisco shortening, and a package of kool - aid. Stired it up. Popped it into the mic till liquidy. Then poured it into film canisters. Tossed it in the frig. Oh maybe 15 or 20 mins. We weren't counting Tooooo busy. Then put it on our lips. Yum - Yum. Then we got a thinking. This would be great for party favors.

Cheaper than the stores.

Just thought I'd share it with you.     

Were always doing something crazy.

Keeps us young, and sane!

katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 3:49pm

I'm a bit embarrased to admit that at age 35, I only use spf 15 moisteriser, mascara, and a long lasting lipstick.

For my wedding I'm getting my updo, and makeup professionally done, but what do you reccomend. First off, I have dark red hair, pale lashes and pale brows, also, green eyes, nice smile, beautiful cheekbones, and pink tones to my face, with white ofcourse. I remember(back in the day at age 14) I got a makeover at Merle Norman(my grandma wanted it). So anyway, the lady put a green foundation under my reg foundation, due to my ruddy skin, although it's mild. Plus I hate gobs of eye makeup, but I will be wearing glasses, so I realize eye makeup is essential, especially for wedding photos,etc....Help, any suggestions, before the big day?

Thanks alot btw,....

God Bless,...
Katie
tink-er-bell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tink-er-bell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 7:24am

I have recently started spending the money to get some good quality makeup products, and I looooveee Estee Lauder's Ideal Matte Refinishing Makeup with SPF8.  It goes on really smooth, and has a nice matte like finish, but not too cakey or fake looking at all. I have combination skin with slightly larger pores, and it doesn't dry out my face or make it oily, lasts the whole day, and minimizes my pores. Plus it's oil free.  I also use Aero Matte Ultralucent Pressed Powder, which has a light matte finish and goes on really nice.
They are kind of pricey, but definitely worth it in the end if you have problem skin.

Also, I am loving Lise Watier's makeup, they go on so smooth, and rich, and there is so many nice colours.  You have to check out her new Oceane line, I would have never thought blue could look good without looking too retro, but the colours are just amazing. I really love the eyeliners and the new powder dip eyeshadow. The prices aren't as pricey as Lancome or Estee Lauder, so it's a bit more affordable.  Plus they make amazing makeup brushes as well, really soft and durable!!

This is a picture of the new Oceane line from Lise Watier:

Now, it kind of looks a bit more green in this picture, but I guess it all also depends on what shade you want to use. I used all of the blue myself and it looked amazing. and got lot's of compliments on it.

I also recommend L'Oreal Voluminous mascara for people who want really think and full lashes. My lashes are pretty short and thin, and it just does wonders for them. I wouldn't switch to anything else, plus it's only around $7.00!

A really nice blush is also called Golden Pink by the Body Shop. It's a really nice pink with a bit of a shimmer to it, looks amazing on.

Edited by tink-er-bell
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 8:15am

I love that pic of the greenish blue, on the models eyes, very pretty!

I however, am not gonna worry about any makeup, I'll let the pros do it for my wedding day.

I'm so used to low maintenence makeup, I'm into other stuff, like great shoes, and nice clothes.

I also, love music alot! Plus I love to buy for others. Also, recently I've regained confidence in a Stylist.

Thanks for all the info,..;)

God Bless,...
Katie
manimama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manimama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 5:50pm
...hi! i am 20 and have worn make-up here and there for years but just recently started really getting into it. i have a fair-olivy skin tone and would like to know what i could use to cover dark circles and scars, and a want to get a tinted moisturizer (never been big on foundation), but how do i apply it with out taking away what is covering up my circles and scars? and the skin around my nose peels a lot even though i use lotion. please help and thanks!
Shay
mslady1985@hotmail.com
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 2:47pm

I like some good powder, my ex-gf used T.Clerecs or sumthin' like that which has very expensive& I don't have that kinda budget. Does anybody know of any light, absorbent sort-a-cheap-o loose powder?

And any lasting liqiud liner? My eyes tear a lot& I need some long lasting, again cheap-o, lasting stuff....

And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic