Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help! highlights went wrong!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
b_dot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b_dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help! highlights went wrong!
    Posted: April 13 2005 at 2:19pm

oops lol sorry. yeh u guessed right, i'm a dark brown.

great, that sounds promising. the colour i have at the moment is not growing on me at all lol

thanks a lot

norskygrl21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norskygrl21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 1:56pm

You did not say what your natural color is, but I am guessing you are darkhaired for two reasons.

One: Bleach was probably used for the hilights if they are white, since someone who is fairly light naturally can use a high-lift color to do highlights (which would not get white unless you were quite blonde to begin with).

Two: White hilights on a brunette can easily look too frosted if they are not toned with a warm base, giving you that gray cast.

If Bleach was used for the hilights it should be easy to remedy. All you will need to do is have a toner applied in the color you want, probably a vanilla or honey shade. This can be done at home using products bought at a Beauty Supply store but I suggest you go to a professional. It shouldn't cost much and I would think your stylist who did the hilights would do it for a minimal amount if you tell them you are unhappy with the tone of the hilights. Good luck!

b_dot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b_dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2005 at 1:08pm

last week i went to a professional hairdressers to get my hair cut and have blonde highlights in.  the cut looks ok but the highlights are wayyyy too light - in fact they almost look white, and hence make me look kinda grey.  i wanna have the highlights made into a more honey coloured blonde, does anyone know if and how this is possible?

thanks

P

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic