Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black people’s split ends don’t split

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
jean32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jean32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black people’s split ends don’t split
    Posted: April 16 2005 at 1:38am
Curly or wavy permed or relaxed Black people's split ends usually don't split up to the shaft[straight hair does]it splits then falls out.Very short Black hair splits up to the shaft.A break or multiple breaks above the end on one hair strand are fractured hairs not split ends.Please press search and read my post on fractuerd hairs.This is all I know about this subject. 

Edited by jean32
weaveitup^_^ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaveitup^_^ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 6:10am

wtf, NO! they split. i sunno why you think that just b/c a personi s a certain race they arent prone to damage

why do you think there are so many bald-headed black women walking around now?! not taking care of their hair and letting damage take over

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 9:09am
My splits split up the shaft.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 11:25am
actually, mine dont split of the shaft. As far as i know, my spilt ends fall out
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 8:49pm

Ummm that's not true cause mine split all the way up the shaft. They why i constantly check and trim as needed.

Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 11:36pm
as in up the shaft like a few inches or one inch??? ive never seen that in my hair....i wonder why. maybe i dont give it a chance to split up the shaft. Cos i trim very often..
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2005 at 7:54am

Well I don't usually get a lot of split ends. But I just recently started getting them and I trim them a lot but I found one that was like 1 inch up the shaft and it didnt' look like it was about to fall out. But I'm not totally sure maybe it would've fallen out if I didn't trim it.

Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2005 at 4:36pm
I think mine does both. SOmetimes it splits up and other times it just falls out. I guess it depends on the amouth of stress on the hair.
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2005 at 4:56pm

Back in the day when I use to get a blow dry and press...my hair was split almost all the way to my roots. You could see it and it made my hair red. That is why I had to cut  my hair to an angled bob  and start all over.

Jean, i notice you come on here now and then to give 1 sentence info.  Do you really read the boards or not?

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Kim J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2005 at 8:56pm

Jean,

That is not necessarirly true for the simple fact that all black people do not have the exact same hair type.  Many black people do have similiar hair types but my hair splits at the ends and all the way up towards the shaft at times.  However, the split(s) usually seem to stay down towards lower half of the strands. Many times, I have many splits on a single strand.   What is your point?  Do you have some advise or something else to add to this statement?  If so, I'd love to hear it.

Thank you

-Happy Hair Days
Kim
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 2:49pm
i think it depends on the person. She shouldnt classify it generally.....all black people dont have the same hair. Also, you said straight hair does. How bout black people that straighten their hair???
Sweet_Ambrosia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet_Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2005 at 12:56am

Originally posted by Renee Renee wrote:

i think it depends on the person. She shouldnt classify it generally.....all black people dont have the same hair. Also, you said straight hair does. How bout black people that straighten their hair???

ITA!

*Transitioned Successfully (7-20-05~7-20-07)
*100 Natural~3c/4a
*Hair Goal: WSL *stretched/straighten* '08
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 3:32am
My hair recently started to split. It's weird cuz it never happened before, I think its just all the stress I've put on it, or maybe that I just never noticed before. It gets like a little white nodule (about 1/2 and inch from the end) and those break off, or I get teeny tiny split ends about 1/8 of an inch from the ends. And yes, I am in desperate need of a trim!
sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 6:06pm
I've noticed that my hair spilts and falls out.  I also see little chips flake off on my shoulder..what is this?
100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 6:54pm
Maybe your hair is breaking off
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Donda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 7:18pm

I know some of mine will go up about an inch up the shaft If I'm not carefully.  Acctually I think I lost at good 1 1/2 inchs because I didn't stay on top of trims.
Thick 4A Hair, Relaxed every 8 weeks. Contributing writer at xicamagazine.4t.com
Cinnamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinnamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 5:30pm
Mine also split up to the shaft and become very noticable.
Sistaslick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 1:38am

hmmm mine don't split all the way up.  I may get a few mid shaft like:

------/-----  but mine are mostly like: --------<  if that makes any sense

divaedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divaedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 11:24pm
mines don't split all the way up either, I think alot of black people also may have other races or even hair textures in their genes from way back when that makes us prone to different hair crisis. I have a twin and her hair is wavy, mines curly, her hair she can brush and get it straight almost whereas I have to flat iron and we came from the same folks soo
when people ask you why too much they usually want to really ask why are you so fly
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Sistaslick Sistaslick wrote:

hmmm mine don't split all the way up.  I may get a few mid shaft like:

------/-----  but mine are mostly like: --------<  if that makes any sense

yeah it makes sense alright. mine looks like the second diagram

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic