Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Little Things. . .

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Little Things. . .
    Posted: April 16 2005 at 5:48am

Haven't weighed and measured myself again yet (might do it later), but there have been a couple of good signs that suggest I'm going in the right direction: when getting dressed today, I put on my blue choker, which usually only fits on the first snap, but today I could put it on the second ^_^ .  I didn't even know one could lose weight in the neck, but I guess so.  Also, the ring I'm wearing now fits the middle finger of my left hand ^_^ .  For the longest time, I couldn't get in it at all, then it fit my left ring finger, then my right ring finger (which is slightly bigger than the left). . .  Makes me wanna go try on my old jeans again and see how well they're fitting now ^_^ .

More awesome than a manatee!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 6:17am

*grumbles*  WHy can't someone just make an accurate scale for once?  I can never tell for sure what my real weight is on mine, because I'll get anything within like a 5lb. range, and it's rare I get the same reading twice in a row :-( .  I guess I have to go on measurements, then, and how things fit, more than weight.

Dunno how much it counts for, but these jeans are a little looser than last time I wore them, and the ring I'm wearing today that used to barely fit is like perfect now. . .

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 1:34am

I was wondering how weight loss might be affecting my bra size, so I measured for that last night.  I used to be a 42D, and now I'm a 40C.  If I ever do make it down to a decent size, I'll probably turn out an A-cup :-P .  Talk about the little things. . .

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 8:18am
You are on the right track by measuring or trying on clothes, the scale is a poor indicator of how we're doing. It also reduces us to a number, and if we don't like the #, we feel badly about ourselves.

I am supposed to use the scale only once a month. Today I cheated by peeking and am disappointed. Meanwhile, I'm into a new smaller size, so I know I've lost weight.   The scale belongs in the garbage can!!!

Keep up the good work!

Elissa
with only 9.5 lbs of baby weight to go!!!!!
[/url]

glorya_cam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glorya_cam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 10:22pm

weighing your self may also be misleading...if you are exercising, you may not be losing weight because while you may be losing the fats, you might be gaining muscles. measuring your self is still best in determining if you've lost unwanted fats...

i've also experienced the thrill of having your clothes fit better...

the scales say i have not lost a bit...but my clothes know better...

and the mirrors don't lie...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic