Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

les blondissimes... 2 boxes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: les blondissimes... 2 boxes?
    Posted: April 17 2005 at 7:57am

Originally posted by erin1026 erin1026 wrote:

Ok so last night I went ahead and used the extra light natural blonde dye.. since my hair was light brown it actually turned it light reddish blonde color like someone told me it might.. today i bought another box of it hoping that it will actually turn out blonde this time..is this a good idea?

<3 Erin

Don't use highlift again, It won't work. It's already lifted all the pigments it can.

Go to a beauty supply like Sallys and get yourself bleach (wella wellite creamlite is a good one) and 20 volume developer.

Apply to your hair and bleach untill it becomes yellow or pale yellow depending on how light you want your hair to be. Then use a toner to cancel out the remaining yellow and to get the shade you want. (Born blonde toners from Clairol are great and non damaging)

For touch ups you may try highlift again, but don't buy any OTC products. Try Wella Color Charm Permanent Haircolor Highlift Blondes shade:

1120* Nordic Blonde or 1210* Frosty Ash

Mix one part higlift dye with 2 parts 40 volume developer, process for 45 minutes (it may take up to one hour sometimes)

After rinsing out the highlift dye, you'll need to refresh the rest of the hair with toner, to keep it non-yellow. And you should also get yourself purple shampoo and purple conditioner (Shimmering Lights from Clariol is great and cheap) to keep the yellowness out inbetween toning.

good luck to you

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2005 at 6:14am
No, really bad idea. Take it back to the store. It won't take out the red. To counteract the red, you need a color with a green base, preferably a demipermanent or if you can't find one a semipermanent. Sally's is the place to go.
erin1026 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erin1026 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 9:28pm
Ok so last night I went ahead and used the extra light natural blonde dye.. since my hair was light brown it actually turned it light reddish blonde color like someone told me it might.. today i bought another box of it hoping that it will actually turn out blonde this time..is this a good idea?

<3 Erin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic