Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my hair never grows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
erin1026 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erin1026 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my hair never grows
    Posted: April 17 2005 at 5:58pm

I recently cut my hair shoulder length because i had tons of split ends and my hair is very dry. i've tried everything..treatments, really good conditioners..but nothing helps my hair..it wouldn't grow before and i'm scared it won't grow now..what should i do?

loveitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 6:36pm
Hi Erin,

Don't worry.. it will grow.  Hair grows at different rates for different people, but average is 1/2in. to 3/4 in. per month.  What will absolutely help is a good diet and a healthy lifestyle.  Also, keep your hair conditioned and trimmed when necessary.

J.
loveitshort
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2005 at 12:31am
I've heard that if you have your hair cut into a very short bob with the
nape of the neck shaved, and if you take lots of pictures of it and post
them on this site, your hair will grow back really fast.   
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2005 at 3:14am
Did your hair not grow at all before?  If it stopped growing completely, you probably either had really bad eating habits, or your hair had already grown as long as it could.
More awesome than a manatee!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2005 at 8:53am
If it had really split ends it could be that it was breaking off all the time and never seemed to grow because it was breaking at the bottom.  That happens with very damaged hair.  Now that you have cut off the damage you should see a difference.  It does seem that when you most want it to grow it just sits there.  Never fear, it will grow.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic