Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PH curling and Pepperoni

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PH curling and Pepperoni
    Posted: April 18 2005 at 12:36am
So, a few new discoveries:

A few nights a go I tried to do a wet-set (wet hair in rag curlers, left overnight to dry) with PH. It only sorta worked- it had a wonderful loose curl/tight wave at first, but then fell out by the end of the day to a very loose wave. Obviously heat needs to be involved with shaping the PH, then!

Pepperoni, sadly, has not withstood the test of time. I think it's because it's the Chinese fiber (most of PH's color selection is from the Japanese manufacturers, with only two or three being Chinese). The ends got frizzy after a few weeks, and so I went to blow it all striahgt. The Pechschwarz and Satinblond look good as new, but the Pepperoni, for some reason, wouldn't smooth out. And when I tried to wet-set it, it didn't curl at all, and when I tried to curling-iron it to match, it wouldn't curl on low heat and frazzled on high heat. Feh. I will be using Blut Rot from now on, as it is Japanese fiber and nearly the same shade anyway.

The rest of the hair, however, has been doing great. I went for about five days without brushing my hair (um. I get too busy sometimes, and anything that isn't hygienically necessary goes out the window.) At the end of that stretch, I took a bottle of Beyond The Zone Flasher shine spray to it, blow-dried it straight, and it's good as new ('cept for the Pepperoni, as mentioned). The amount of abuse on my part that it has tolerated is remarkable. It's been in for just over two months now, and I'm going to leave it in for another week or two (until I get my next batch of hair). I could probably leave it in for another month or so if it weren't for my atrocious roots.

Oh yeah, and the Flasher spray is pretty good stuff. In texture, it's somewhere between the Dome Care and braid spray- a tiny bit oily, but only in large amounts. I can't decide if I like Dome Care or Flasher better. I'm leaning toward Flasher, since it's cheaper, more commonlny available, and smells better (I HATE the smell of Denatured alcohol, which is the main ingredient in Dome Care).

-Rae
plastikhaar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plastikhaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 2:14am
hi rea

just for your info:
peperoni will be avaible in japan fibre aswell very soon!
im so happy i found that colour now i can have it wavy and curly aswell
: )

sara
need some great hair?
plastikhaar hair.supply
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 5:08am
Oh good! I'm a happy monkey now. :)
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 2:41pm
Wow, Rae! That's a very informative update! Funny about the pepperoni - not funny, but strange. And I've found the same thing with curling in my experiments with PH - heat is a necessity for a lasting curl/wave. That's true for WaWa as well. Glad to hear the rest of the PH is holding up.

I'm assuming you have your PH in with pinchbraids?

Edited by Syren123
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 6:23pm
Yes--that's really helpful, Rae. Interesting about the Peperoni; do you know which other shades are the Chinese fiber, as opposed to the Japanese?

I haven't really "wet set" the PH at all. I have set it in boinks and braids overnight, which is helpful in adding more wave or encouraging the wave you already have. But I agree: To make straight PH wavy or curly, you definitely need to use some heat. I have a couple of curling irons, Velcro rollers and the bonnet, and the flocked hot rollers, and I've been using the flocked rollers almost exclusively because they're so convenient and they work really well.

So what's your next install girl?

:)
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 6:49pm
Has anyone ever looked closly at the rings...and noticed some swatches appear to be "beaded"? Maybe, that's a telltale sign? I don't have the fancy ring back just yet, so I'm not sure pepperoni was beaded? Just a thought...and something that I noticed Hmmmmmmmmmmm?!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 6:51pm
What do you mean by "beaded," Gina? I haven't noticed anything... :)
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 8:55pm
Jenn...I'll have the fancy ring any day now...so, I'll be able to say exactly which ones I saw it. It's hard to describe...but, if you look closly at the strands, you'll see "dots" within the individual strands. While, the others run smooth.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 9:10pm
The Ebonyline Adore thermal is also beaded. Glamour Hair's silky straight also has the beaded effect but that's from a silicone coating.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic