Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

skin that glows?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
maryc1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: skin that glows?
    Posted: April 18 2005 at 12:08pm
Are there any make-up products that make your skin have a glow like  celebrities?  I heard NARS does, but has anyone tried it?  Thanks
Alyssa_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alyssa_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 9:01pm
Most of what you see on celebrities is due to perfect lighting conditions or a bunch of editing.

Mineral makeup will give ya a nice glow though.. I've used Bare Minerals, and also Canary Cosmetics. The darker foundations are more 'glowey' than the lighter ones. Bare minerals I thought was just TOO shiny, gave a sort of greasy effect IMO. Canary cosmetics I liked better, plus they have more shade choices and are cheaper. The bare minerals brushes are really nice tho.
linz_legrand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linz_legrand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 12:26am
Neutrogena has a treatment package called "Healthy Skin Radiance System."

http://www.neutrogena.com/ProductsDetails_202.asp

Neutrogena products have worked for me in the past and I find their produsts to be high-quality (and occasionally high-priced), so this might be worth a try.

Dull skin is what inhibits your glow, so you might also want to have a microdermabrasion treatment done.  You can get them done at salons or you could also use the at-home version also by Neutrogena (but a professional one would probably be more effective).

Hope this helps!
- Linz

Edited by linz_legrand
kelliegirl66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelliegirl66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 11:51am
Drink lots of water:)  I have had such problems with my skin looking dull & flaky.  No matter how good the moisturizer's or skin peels were, my skin was still dull & flaky.  Over the last week I have been drinking the recommended amount of water 8, 8 oz glasses, maybe more, I haven't paid attention I just wanted to get at least that.  My husband told me yesterday that I really have a glow about me and guess what?  The dry flaky skin is gone.  I am amazed  
maryc1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 12:31pm
oo thanks for all ur comments!  I will have to try them all and see! 
goldengirl2be View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldengirl2be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 7:11pm

I realize this is a late reply, but I recently purchased a wonderful product that makes your skin glow:  Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact.  There are different types, i.e., Bronze Shimmer (which I bought), Apricot Shimmer, Pink Shimmer, Rose Shimmer and Beige Shimmer.

The shimmer in this compact does not make the skin look too shiny or glittery.  I definitely recommend!

KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 8:48pm

Originally posted by Alyssa_ Alyssa_ wrote:

Mineral makeup will give ya a nice glow though.. I've used Bare Minerals, and also Canary Cosmetics. The darker foundations are more 'glowey' than the lighter ones. Bare minerals I thought was just TOO shiny, gave a sort of greasy effect IMO. Canary cosmetics I liked better, plus they have more shade choices and are cheaper. The bare minerals brushes are really nice tho.

I adore Bare Minerals! I have a T-zone oil problem and I have to problem with it being too shiny on my skin. I just refresh my T-zone with the Mineral Veil several times a day. It's so weightless it's like you're not wearing anything at all. My face is about a jillion colors. It evens it out like no other product I've tried. The brushes are devine! I like that you can mix shades as you tan or fade.

www.bareminerals.com

Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 12:06pm

Hello guys. Just wanted to say the doctor told me, we do not need 10 - 8 oz glasses a water a day. Drink it as you see fit, he said. Someone with kidney problems would get worse with all that water. Thought you'd like to know. Oh one other thing. He said if you're working outside, you will need more. This has all been fooy. You can get water out of other things you eat.  Water is fabulous for your skin. Just  don't over do it. Was also told zinc is good for the skin as well.

Sunduster

goldengirl2be View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldengirl2be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 1:43am
I had a kidney stone in May and am on a strict diet requiring 8-8 oz. glasses of H20.  I wasn't drinking enough water and wasn't flushing the oxylase out of my system (MD's words).  I feel much better drinking water, so regardless of fooey, I feel (and my skin looks) much better.
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 12:20pm

I wasn't referring to a kidney stone. I'm talking about bladder kidney problems, where you have to go all the time. Like  every hour. We drink juices, eat fruit and other foods. They also consume water. So you can get plenty of the requirement from other things. Does not have to be water. He says it's a lot of fooey that you have to drink that much water only.

Sunduster

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic