Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What has happened to my hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 10:21pm
Thanks, AnaisSatin. ^_^
noodlesnspam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodlesnspam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 11:02pm
duracell! those are women complimenting on your curls!! u know how much women love curls!! dont fall for it!!  and besides their compliments are about how much  they like your curls and  how much they want to have curls like yours . But no one said ur curls  look better than if you had straight hair. Should give that a thought.  just trying to help =p
Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2005 at 3:28pm
I've never thought of that, noodlesnspam...
Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 12:43am
So, there's no way I could have my hair like Tom Welling's? After a few days of not having water touch my hair, most of the curls straighten out...But it still has some waves in it.

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 3:22am
Maybe you should grow it longer, get kind of a swashbuckling pirate look going ^_^ .
More awesome than a manatee!
The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 4:57pm

Originally posted by Duracell Duracell wrote:

So, there's no way I could have my hair like Tom Welling's? After a few days of not having water touch my hair, most of the curls straighten out...But it still has some waves in it.

Well, do you prefer it with the waves? As long as you don't have the 'bad hair smell' after not washing for a few days, go for it! Many people wash their hair about once every 3 or 4 days if they don't develope much grease on their scalp.

Tom Welling does have wavy hair, and you could just try a few creamy leave-in conditioners to weigh your hair down without having to go days without washing your hair to get similar waves. Experiment and see what's best for you!

Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 6:05pm
Could you recommend me a good leave-in conditioner? Also, what's a good shampoo to use? I found some Pantene (w/ amino proteins), V05, and some kids shampoo under the bathroom sink. I was thinking of using the kids shampoo because it might be the gentlest on my hair. ^_^
Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 6:42pm
Like, I'd love to have my hair like this:

http://images.usatoday.com/life/enter/tv/_photos/2001-10-1 6-tom-welling.jpg
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 9:54am

hey i have curly hair too. i had my hair cut last friday and i told my stylist i was sick and tired of the same short buzz i get every month, so she suggested to cut miy side with a shears really short and use this really weird looking scissors that has a jagged blade, that looks like a pair or wood saw made into scissors blade to cut my crown and the back of my hair. she then use some hard gel and spiked my curly hair

the results...

I LOVE IT

those weird scissors seem to cut away most of the curls without cutting it too short. my hair felt softer. so weird. and my hair could be spikes although its a curly spike. you might want to find out if the place where you cut your hair do this procedure

oh yeah anyone here knows what the heck are those scissors and how they work.

anaisatin.... karen ... HELP

ARGHH
Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 10:37pm
Would I need to grow out my hair a bit longer to achieve Tom Welling's style? Or should I go for a different hair style?

Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 8:44pm
If I can't achieve Tom Welling's style, I was thinking of growing out my hair like John Glover's (before he cut it). Is that even possible? If you still don't know what I'm talking about, image google his name.

My hair (when I brush it back...) is like his now (after he got it cut). Could I possibly grow out my hair like that?
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 4:08am

John Glover rocks ^_^ .  If your hair looks like his now, I guess it would stand to reason it could still resemble his if you did another of his styles. . . unless the only reason his looks good is the constant attention of on-set stylists. . .

More awesome than a manatee!
Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 3:21pm
That is so good news. How long would it take to grow out that long?

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 3:25pm
Hair grows about half an inch a month.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 5:48pm

Claribuzz

Maybe they were thinning shears? I have no idea, but that's what they sound like.

HTH

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 9:18pm
When will my hair start to grow "downward"? Or is my hair too short now?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2005 at 9:24pm

Well shoot. I don't see how your hair could really "grow down" unless it's much much longer. Also keep in mind that curly hair takes longer to have a visible difference in growth.

here's Eddie: http://www.pearl-jam.com/pictures/ev1/evrspg.jpg

Is this what you mean?

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2005 at 3:03pm
Yes, I want a hairstyle like that.

Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2005 at 3:26pm
Or something like this:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/IMAGES/MMPH/253779.jpg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2005 at 4:19pm

Ooh, I like the middle-aged guy.

Well, I can tell you one thing: Growing takes a long time. Hair grows an average of 6 inches per year. This means 6 inches stretched out straight (so maybe 3 inches of visible growth for you?) Just keep that in mind. There is nothing that can speed up your growth, so just be patient, eat well, drink water, take a multivitamin, and be gentle to your hair (no chemicals, no blowdrying). I think your hair will look terrific when it's that long.

Good luck

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic