Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What has happened to my hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What has happened to my hair?
    Posted: April 23 2005 at 11:07pm
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum!

I used to have very straight hair up until the 7th grade (I'm in the 11th now). Now, my hair is extremely thick and unmanageable (and has some curls in it). Can hair type change over time? What are some ways for me to bring my straight hair back? I'd give anything to have straight hair again. :(

I shower everyday and use conditioner, if that makes a difference.
SumoSamurai View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2005 at 1:24am

Probably puberty changed it.

You shower everyday just tells us you wash your body, has nothing to do with your hair. So are you saying you wash your hair everyday and use conditioner?

Edited by SumoSamurai

SamuraiJoe- designed by me, will be very popular movie/series in the future of the Stick World...
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2005 at 1:07pm
If you truly are using Conditioner-Only (CO), and it works for you, then stick with it. Curly hair does really well without shampoo at all.
my LJ, 40 inches long
Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2005 at 1:47pm
Yes, I wash my hair everyday and use conditioner. Is there anyway I could get straight hair again?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2005 at 5:43pm

Why is the grass always greener on the other side?  Here I am using socks to get my hair curly, and there you are wanting straight hair. It looks like your hair has decided to be curly. Really, you can't change the curliness of your hair unless you relax, chemically straighten, or use a flat iron. All of them can damage curly hair in the long run.

I say love your curls.

my LJ, 40 inches long
Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2005 at 6:32pm
Well, my hair doesn't have "curls" in it per se. It's like straight from the roots, but halfway, it's like...Wavy.
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2005 at 11:12pm
You mean some of the tips of your hair just curls a little, not even half a circle? Try not getting your hair wet for a few days, meaning dont wash or condition it and see what happens. My ends in the back curl up just a tiny bit but sometimes I don't wet my hair for a few days it just straightens.

Edited by SumoSamurai

SamuraiJoe- designed by me, will be very popular movie/series in the future of the Stick World...
Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 8:39pm
If I don't wash my hair for a few days, my hair magically straightens out (well, most of it does).
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 10:15pm

Show me a pic of your curled hair, every part of it.

Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 4:18pm
Damnit, I don't have a digital camera. Here's a shot of my hair with my webcam (I know, it's not that good...)

Note: I'm from the Middle East, so technically I'm Asian. ^_^

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 6:36pm
I don't see why you'd want to straighten. Those curls look gorgeous.
my LJ, 40 inches long
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumoSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 6:44pm

You said "(and has some curls in it)".....riight...."some"...

I was thinking you might have the same thing as me. My hair is very straight, but sometimes my hair wave up just a tiny bit at the ends of my slip in the front. Also the ends of my back hair wave up a little, but after 2-3 days without wetting it, it becomes straight.

You got an afro.

Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 7:11pm
Thanks AnaisSatin. :)

SumoSamurai, those curls are at the end of my hair (the rest of my hair is wavy). I once straightened my hair via hot iron (or whatever they're called).
SamuraiJoe View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamuraiJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 11:30pm
You can't make your hair straight without chemically straightening it, or use flat irons. Yeah, I bet it's because of puberty. Well too bad for you, you're stuck with wavy/curly hair.

Your hair is fine anyways.

Edited by DaveDecker

SamuraiJoe-Created by me, will be a fomous movie in the future of the stick world.
Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 3:26pm
I don't have any money to get my hair chemically straightened, and I don't think I should mess with that stuff...

The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 4:23pm

Duracell, you have gorgeous curls--I only wish I could be able to have curls like that. You shouldn't think about chemically straightening/ flat ironing it because:

-The "in" look for guys these days is long curly hair just like yours (at least for teenagers).

-It will only damage your hair, making everything more unmanageable in the long run.

-You never know how your hair might react to the chemicals. It make end up wavy or kinky, straight, or just an actual "afro".

However, if you're bent on having straight hair, you could flat iron, chemically straighten, or wet combing (which might not work to make your hair as straight as you want because it's meant for people with relatively straight hair, but you could give it a try).

Anais has directions for wet combing in her Medusa's Lair.

Your hair's beautiful, so I hope that helps!

SamuraiJoe View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamuraiJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 4:42pm
Experiment with all kinds of stuff till you find what you like.

SamuraiJoe-Created by me, will be a fomous movie in the future of the stick world.
Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 4:43pm

-The "in" look for guys these days is long curly hair just like yours (at least for teenagers).

-It will only damage your hair, making everything more unmanageable in the long run.

-You never know how your hair might react to the chemicals. It make end up wavy or kinky, straight, or just an actual "afro".

Yeah, that's the exact reason why I don't want to get my hair chemically straightened. Too many risks. :(

But I wonder what I should do with my hair. I've been thinking of growing it out, but I have no idea.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment. ^_^

Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 8:16pm
Does anyone here watch Smallville? I was thinking of having my hair like Clark's (the actor is Tom Welling), but I have no idea if my hair can do that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 9:15pm

Duracell,

Heehee, I think you'll find more people who say "I LOVE YOUR CURLS" than people who don't!

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic