Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What bleach works the best?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxsecret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxsecret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What bleach works the best?
    Posted: April 24 2005 at 8:53pm

Hey! Well.. im thinking of trying to go a blonde once again and um.. i need help figuring out what bleach works best. I have my hair dyed using Garnier 100% Colour the Blue/BLACK shade but that has been washing out lately and my hair looks like it's back to my natural hair color which is dark brown. I was wondering what bleach to use to get my hair to the lightest level that would be possible with one application. I saw bleach kits from herbal essences, garnier, preference and other companies.. but I wonder which one works the best.

Thanks in advance!

swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 12:13pm

do not go for any of those OTC they're not good for your hair, and doesn't provide you with enough lift. You can't go from dyed black to blonde in one step, you can't go blonde in one step if you don't have dark blonde virgin hair. Otherwise you will have to bleach and tone, and remove color first if you've dyed your hair.

And also your hair may be in such bad condition that it's not even possible for you to become blonde, without the hair melting or breaking.

First of all you will need to remove as much color with Colorfix (a haircolor remover) to get rid of as much of the dye as you can, it's much more gentle then bleaching it out. Do not use colorfix more than once a day, and do not bleach the same day you've used colorfix, let the hair rest.

Then you will have to bleach the hair, for that I'd recommend Clairol Liquid Lightener Born Blonde with 20 volume developer with 3 activator packettes..

Process for up to 90 minutes, or for as long as you dare to. The longer you process the more risk of breakage.

Than depending on how light your hair will get, you will have to tone the hair. If you reach pale yellow I'd recommend Born Blonde toners from Clairol (you can get all the products I mentioned in a beauty supply like Sally"

http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=127834&me ssageid=1114206018

If you don't reach pale yellow, which you probably won't do I'd recommed Color By Robert Craig www.robertcraig.com

Shade #16 Light Ash Blonde, color by robert craig is great since it doesn't contain any ammonia or peroxide and still is permanent. You cannot put any products that contains ammonia or peroxide in your hair after color removing and bleach. Cause trust me your hair will be a mess, and you can't risk putting any more harmful things into the hair. Because then you will get breakage.

And you'll need lots of deep conditioning after this.

swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 12:16pm

When you say that you will try to get blonde once again, I hope that doesn't mean that you've lightened your hair before dying it black this time, because then you won't be able to get anywhere near blonde without mayor breakage and damage.

If you want and can afford it, I'd seriously recommend a professional colorist.

norskygrl21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norskygrl21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 1:04pm
Why the change of heart? Less than a month ago you were saying you loved it. I would seriously reconsider bleaching, once you bleach your hair, there is no going back since that hair will be damaged and will continue to be throw unpredictable color results should you decide to color it anything other than a toneable bleach blonde color. For instance, if you want to go red, the color will most likely be different shades depending on the areas of porousity. Your roots will be the expected red color but your ends could turn out different than the middle section, and so on. Don't do anything on the spur of a moment and if you can just continue to try and strip the Garnier color out of your hair using mild products and keep conditioning. Once you do this, perhaps you can get the color you want by hilighting with bleach.
KatGrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatGrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 4:14pm
To swede:

I just posted a query similar to that of xxsecret, regarding changing the color, and you seem to have some good information on the same topic.

With regards to changing color from one to another (mine is Garnier 100% in Intense Auburn, and I'm trying to go back to blonde-- my original color is kind of a darker golden blonde) can I just do the Colorfix step, and then put a blonde tint over it, or do I need to do the Liquid lightener/born blonde step in between? I mean, I can wait for the red to fade more, and I totally don't want to damage my hair, but so far it's not visibly damaged at all (i.e. no breakage or split ends) but I don't want to totally fry it.
The reason I'm changing it is because I'm moving and changing jobs to one where I will be in the sun all day long, and my natural hair bleaches really fast in the sun anyway, so I just kind of want to ditch the artificial red look and get back to my roots. :-)
Is it possible, do you think? Or should I just be patient? Cuz it's not really one of my virtues, but... :-)
Peace out
xxsecret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxsecret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 5:53pm
Oh.. now that you made me think, I might not consider going blonde since it does so much damage to my hair and so on. But I would like to change my hair colour once again and my second choice was black.. but I really want it to be blue or dark blue. Since I tried Garnier 100% Color, that didn't really make my hair blue, but what about Preference Deepest Indigo? That looks a lot bluer than the blue black from Garnier.
irishroyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 4:17pm

I would recommend the Clairol Complements Lightening system, it can work fast but has tons of conditioners.

Born Blonde is for hair that has NOT been previously colored and won't be able to lift the dyes out. - Mags

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic