Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi Everyone!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shiverpale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi Everyone!
    Posted: April 26 2005 at 9:09am

Hi Everyone...

ive just joined up so i thought id introduce myself :

my name is asmara, & i am living in the U.K.  

i love anything to do with creativity - drawing, painting, making my own jewellery & clothes, writing & prose poetry.

im currently working as a henna tattooist to help see me thru uni fees (& lovin it!) , where im studying pyschology & HCI.

I have very long hair (just below my bum!) which is dark brown.

Ive always had long hair, mostly because of my fear towards hairdressers! (had a horrible experience when younger which put me off for life! made the mistake of opting for a perm on waist length hair and ended up coming out of the salon looking like i had something that resembled very short fuzzy frizz pubic hair, for my supposedly newlook long hair doo! )...however, im seriously considering to go and get it cut & maybe coloured professionally (my partner usually trims it for me.) i want to keep it as long as possible and add some kind of shape to the front, long layers or something. (i dont feel i could ever go short after having it this long, for so long!

I dont really have any idea what the style i want is called, ive seen it on many people with long hair irl, but for some reason not on online, or in any hair magazines!-  that is one of the reasons i decided to join this friendly forum. hopefully one of you can help, or maybe suggest something, or share some pics of hairstyles/cuts for longer hair...as well as reassure me, hairdressers arent all bad!

Asmara xxx

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 11:52am

not all hairdressers are bad, but i cant totally relate to you though, i had a horrible perm many years ago,

so when i started to do hair i promised myself to always put myself in the clients thinking, like how to treat them how i would like to be treated.

so back to your long hair- i would suggust long layers through the bottom, it will give you movement and style without taking any lenght away from you.

shiverpale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 3:42am

hey tangles,

oh my gawd! i'll never have a perm again! not even if i reach the ripe old age of 75! (dont know if its the same over there in the states, but all the old ladies have perms over here, as well as blue rinses!)

and yes, i like your suggestion...it reads lovely...but im not sure how that style looks...do you know of any websites that show that style, or something similiar?

"The hair is the richest ornament of women."
zephyr View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zephyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 10:06am

hi tangles and shiverpale,

nice to meet you

http://www.nailsnsuch
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic