Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Care products for synthetic hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Care products for synthetic hair
    Posted: April 27 2005 at 1:22am

I wash my hair with rusk moist, but just a teeny amount, or with redken generic gentle something. (sorry!) I condition with Goldwell Kerasilk and I leave it in for like 4 minutes, and I really do believe it makes my synth more managable when I get out of the shower. (I know I am in the minority! LOL)

I only wash and condition the synth hair 1- 2 times a week. I wash and condition the crown every day or every other depending...

I use Flasher every day on the synth. I have stopped using biosilk except on rare ocassions. I have both generic and the real thing. I refer the real thing, but I am a flasher girl now. Next time I order PH, I am going to get Dome Care Spray, though.

One time I like to use biosilk is before I put it in a braid to reset. I don't know if this really does anything but when I do this the next morning my hair is totally yummy.

Edited by MERGUTHRIE
i love plastikhaar
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 12:29am
Yeah, I can't see conditioner doing much to synth.

My care regimen is cheapo shampoo, plus probably conditioner now that I'm combing out my real dreads, and either the Dome Care spray of Flasher Beyond the Zone spray every time I brush. I can't decide which spray I like better. They both detangle pretty well. Flasher feels a little more oily and Dome a little more dry, but the oilyness kills any frizz, so it's kinda a good thing. I also douse my hair in silicone spray right before I blow out, just to protect it from the heat and make it super-slippery for pulling the brush through.

-Rae
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:47pm
Thanks girls....that dome shampoo and conditioner is so expensive too...Im glad I dont need it then!
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:45pm
I tried Dome Smooth (the conditioner) and to be honest, it made zero difference. Didn't smooth out that brillo I had any better than anything else other than a pair of scissors. Synth is, after all, plastic...think fabric softener.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:45pm
Yeah Im thinking I will order maybe 2 bags of PH in the 50mm....Im planning one of the Amm super length...Kalika pre-layering installs! Im getting excited already! I know with the shedding that Im having its only gonna be a matter of a couple of weeks!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by sherrie215 sherrie215 wrote:

So what type of product is the Behead Headrush or the Beyond the Zone flasher? Is it a shampoo? (I feel a bit ignorant about the synthetic products, LOL)

Yeah, they're all sprays, and I think they're most helpful when you're detangling. In terms of shampoos and conditioners, I don't use anything special at all. It doesn't seem to me that the synth really absorbs that stuff, so I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference. I know Dome offers a shampoo and conditioner, but I haven't tried it yet.

The Prostyles Natural sounds good. You'd probably be able to combine in with the PH 50mm without a problem, if you need more, but I doubt the 28mm would blend with it. :)
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:37pm
So how long are you leaving in the shedding mess?
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:33pm

hehehe....someone on quinns board needed to unload 3 brand new unopened packs in just my colors, imagine that! So I snagged it right up...at a bargain price...hehe!!

I only opened one up and looked at it and put it right back in the package. Its been sitting in one of my many totes of hair stuffage for the past few months!

Edited by sherrie215
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:28pm
Sherrie, did you get Prostyles cuz you're a pro? Stylist? Haha.
Seriously. How did you get it?
AND...how does it feel compared to the PH?
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:24pm
I pretty nearly OD on products right before I Steam/Blow out to smooth things.  I use lots of silicone spray or braid spray.  But then i wash promptly when I am done.

Other than that I use Beyond the Zone Flasher or Ion Shine (same ingredients i can't tell a difference).

I'm getting Dome spray on my current shipment of PH. 

Oh and not so diluted fabric softener when I wash.

But I use cheap 99c shampoo for the length and fancy stuff for washing the top of my head.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:21pm

Well Its like this, Ive always been really happy with the Korean human hair...until this last order. First I waited 2 months for them to ship it...and I installed Sunday and its NOT the same as I always got in the past. I buy pre-glued nailhair. The hair feels different this time and not in a good way, and I knew right away that something was different about the glue, I was right....its shedding SOOO bad, I mean by the brushfuls! EVERYTIME I brush, at this rate within a couple of weeks its gonna be thin! Im so pissed, and done with HH cause there is NO WAY Im gonna pay the outrages price for HH anymore! So Ive made up my mind positively to switch.

I have so many blonde shades I have 5 bags of PH in the 28mm and 3 bags of Prostyles natural. Havent determined which one I will use yet but Im leaning toward the prostyles since it seems that the 28mm may be a bit trickier to maintain.

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:19pm

Originally posted by Syren123 Syren123 wrote:

Have you ordered your PH yet or do you have it? What colors are you going to put in?

This is so exciting.

Do tell Sherrie, I'm excited too!

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:11pm
Really Sherrie!! You're gonna make the switch? That's awesome. What is the expected date of this change over?

I don't think everyone uses Dome if only because it's hard to get...you have to order it from Dome or PH and the shipping is hellacious. People are using Dome Care, Flasher spray, Kerasilk, and fabric softener rinse and that seems to work well.   The most important things to have on hand are velvet hot rollers and a steamer. I invested in the Shark Steamer - it's going to be an important weapon in the arsenal to fight frizzed and crispy ends, I can see that already.

Have you ordered your PH yet or do you have it? What colors are you going to put in?

This is so exciting.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:10pm
So what type of product is the Behead Headrush or the Beyond the Zone flasher? Is it a shampoo? (I feel a bit ignorant about the synthetic products, LOL)
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:05pm
Right off the bat, I recommend using very few products; it's easy to OD on the them. I've been using: Dome Care spray, Behead Headrush (same as Beyond the Zone flasher), and a little diluted fabric softener in the shower. I use a bit of Biosilk here and there, too, but more for my real hair than the synth. :)
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 9:58pm
So which care products does everyone use for synthetic hair? Does everyone use the Dome products? Are there any other shampoos or conditioners besides the Dome that anyone recommends? Getting ready for my next install which will be with Prostyles hair or PH. I want to make sure Im prepared!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic