Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What to do with my hair (with pics)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Keitsu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keitsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to do with my hair (with pics)
    Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:14pm
First of all thank you for coming to help if you're here to do so. I find it sad that I've had to come here but maybe you all will provide answers to my hair's mystery.

My mommy wants me to get my haircut because she believes having my hair in my eyes i "unhealthy." She also threatened to not get me anymore contacts until I get my haircut. I need a suggestion of what to do with my hair, it certainly has been hard for me to come up with a new style. It was previously a year ago short and spikey, now its longer.

currently my hair looks like this

It's partly to the side mainly cause I just put it to the side for a brief second before taking a picture. It doesn't cooperate ever with gel. The only way I can even spike it or do anything with it lately is with hairspray.

1. I want to keep my hair long still, but I have no idea how to get it out of my eyes, is there any product that is able to do something snazzy with my hair?

2. Ive heard of a bedhead look around here when snooping around. Would it be possible for my hair? (My hair grows directly straight down pretty much, it is quite thick as well)

3. When its short it looks like this, and it doesn't even spike upwards towards the sky at all really.

and it just completely changes my appearance a whole lot. However if you are able to come up with a great idea for short hair that would be kewl maybe...

4. I'm open to ideas of what you guys think would look good. But keep in mind that my mommy doesn't want my hair in my eyes.

Thank you for your time.

SamuraiJoe View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamuraiJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 11:27pm

You can always tie it, but it looks little too short. Maybe grow it out?

shiawase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiawase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 3:02am

Well the bedhead or the messy look would look suitable for you.

Try using hair paste or hair gum, it should do the trick. The stuff from Garnier works well, I use Garnier Shake Effect and Garnier Surf Hair Paste for that messy look. Keep in mind though long hair is hard to manage as in styling everyday.

Are you japanese btw? You're in luck, here's a site with hairstyles of Japanese men, http://www.beauty-box.jp/style/mens/

Maybe you can show it to the stylist..Hope that helped ...

Edited by shiawase
Keitsu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keitsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 3:20pm
Yes thank you that helped. Especially the products you listed, I'll go buy them and see how well they work even though it will take more time to do my hair in the morning. 

About being Japanese, I'm 1/4 Japanese and 1/4 Korean, Chinese (HK), and Vietnamese. To create someone like me.

"You can always tie it, but it looks little too short. Maybe grow it out?" - Hey what do you mean by tie it though?
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 5:20pm

What I mean is use two hands and bring all the hair in front of your ears and half way down from the back to the back and hold it together and tie it. Here's a pic.

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 6:03pm

Problem solved. Thank you

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
Keitsu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keitsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 6:57pm
uhh what do you mean AnaisSating? perhaps you're referring to someone else cause my avatar is myself. Anyways that hair is kinda kewl looking with it tied back, does that really work for hair that grows fully straight though?
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 8:04pm
Nothing to do with you, Keitsu. The problem has been deleted.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 9:09pm
Keitsu, I wasn't referring to your post  Your avatar looks terrific.
my LJ, 40 inches long
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 3:17am

I think it looks fine as it is, so maybe just see if any kind of product can keep it "stuck" well enough to stay to the side it'll work out as it is.  Or maybe trim the front just a tiny bit so it's out of your eyes, if it won't stick with product?

More awesome than a manatee!
The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 5:02pm
Well, being as your hair is already quite long, see if your mother will allow you to grow your hair out some more to the point where it's weighted down enough that you can part it to the side and the weight will hold it there.
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 9:45am
i think the mini high located ponytail is a great look, if you mother does not want your hair touching your eyes. maybe you can trim your bangs so that it wont cover your hair.
ARGHH
Keitsu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keitsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 4:04pm
Yeah, I recently got a hair cut and just trimmed my bangs and other places a little bit to give me time to think what I'm going to do. However I bought that garnier surf hair stuff and it works so good ^_^ thanks everybody for the suggestions and tips, they helped a lot and im glad I came here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic