Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

**Pics of my shrinkie install**

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **Pics of my shrinkie install**
    Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:15pm

Hey ladies!  This is Jaime... I did her shrinkies Saturday.  I used a mix of Amm's & Doc's.  I think I got the *Technique* of the shrinkies down... finally, lol.  We used #30 WaWa underneath, with Sweet Honey WaWa on top of that, then a mix of 613/27 thru out the top.  Her natural is such a pretty red, very close to the #30 wawa.  I kinda went a little over board on the pictures! It took 8 hours!  We did highlights first... I'm still recouping... now if I can only find the energy to tip my Bohyme! 

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:25pm
Bridget it look AMAZING! Great work girl!
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:26pm
Amazing! I am always amazed at how seamless it looks! No chop-off point or anything..great work! And lovely colors! Let us know how that WaWa works for her.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:27pm
That looks outstanding. The color match is splendid. She'll love that
straight WaWa, I think. It's a dream to work with.

Congratulations to both of you!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:32pm
Amazing work, Bridget! It looks gorgeous.

How did you manage to crack the shrinkie code? Tips and tricks? :)
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:34pm
Thanks!  I hope the wawa holds up, she has a natural wave in her hair and she flat irons everyday, so I'm hoping the wawa will hold up thru her daily care.  It might need steamed & trimmed a little sooner than later... but she wanted straight, and inexpensive for her 1st go around w/extensions.  I'll keep yin's posted on how the hair holds up
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:41pm
Looks awesome!

Let us know how wawa straight and staying straight works out.  I got mine and want to put it in but have had some problems with the frizzies on my test strands.

What # is sweet honey?  where did you get it?
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 10:43pm

Originally posted by Jenny_RR Jenny_RR wrote:

How did you manage to crack the shrinkie code? Tips and tricks? :)

For me, I clamp down softly on the heat wand for like 2 seconds, examine it closely...  you can *feel* it shrink a bit, make sure everything is in tact, then hold it shut for like 20 seconds.  Then I go on to my next one,  when I'm done with that second one, I'll look back at that first one and feel it and squeeze it tight.  They *set* rock hard, & flat.    I'll update how the flat shrinkies work for her.  Has anyone updated on flat shrinkies yet?

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 12:31am
Ooh, nice- especially the way you matched her highlights in the extensions. It's so seamless, especially for going over the blunt-iush cut she had previously.

-Rae
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 3:38am
Hi there Bridget.  The client I did with flat tips and shrinkies has only had 6 come out in 4 weeks so its looking good.  The only thing I would say is that the overall effect when you lift the hair up doesn't look as neat.  That hair looks superb chick, well done xx
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 6:24am
Excellent work Bridget! 
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 12:08pm
Great work Bridget!! You're in that "Kristin" school of straight, gorgeous, hip, natural-looking extensions!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic