Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

picture of my hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
eatgreenjello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: picture of my hair
    Posted: April 27 2005 at 6:31pm

How should I get my hair cut?  I have an appt. on Friday.  All comments are welcome....

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 9:13pm

Hi EatGreenJello,

Can't help with any suggestions, but I just wanted to tell you how terrific your hair looks.  and also an excuse to tell you that your username makes me smile.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
spud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 3:50am
Hi EatGreenJello

Can't see any reason why you shouldn't have a pixie. The short forward styled bangs of a pixie would suit the high hairline on your forehead. I think something short and head hugging rather than your current fluffy look would be more in proportion with the width of shoulders which look quite petite. As a member of this board regularly says "Cut it short it'll always grow back. Maybe you should just change to the other stylist and tell her to go for it. You sound like your ready for a big change.

Spud
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 5:32am
I think you should just trim it up, it looks very pretty on you. Take off maybe an inch all over.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 8:10am
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 2:28pm
JerkyFlea scores another hit.  Too much bulk on the sides in my opinion - lose the bulk and the cheekbones and eyes will pop out (in a good way of course)
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 2:57pm

As others have said - if you want it taken off and both stylists aren't advising you against it - go with the one who will do what you want.

Like so many others it took my wife 2 goes to get it as short as she wanted, and ever since the stylist has been more than willing too take it considerably shorter.  Not that she would do anything to make my wife look bad as when she had BSL length hair she was willing to cut it to the shoulders or into a lip length bob but wouldn't leave it inbetween at chin length.

Its your hair, your choice and your decision
cyhairctr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyhairctr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 11:15pm
Maybe something like this....Rik
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2132930 425&idx=5
send me a pic I will see what I can do!
cutmore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2005 at 6:11am
    I agree with Spud! A pixie would look great on you and with the warmer weather around the corner think of how cool you'd stay
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 4:44am

You remind me of Tina Fey ^_^ -- a compliment!  I adore her ^_^ !

I agree with Flea that those Alyssa pics would be a good hair model for you.  I loved her pixie, and the slightly grown-out style is pretty cute, the way she played with accessories ^_^ .  It would be easy enough for you to play with both styles.  Just pick which one you want to start with, and do the other later.  *shrugs*  If you do the pixie first, it's just a few months of growing before you've got the other style, and if you do the other first, you can go shorter at any time.  I figure it's pretty can't miss either way ^_^ .

More awesome than a manatee!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 9:57am

Thanks everyone for the compliments and the great suggestions!  As for Tina Fey, I'll have to google her!  I'm excited to make a change, I love to change my look and color a lot.  Probably why I love this website sooooo much.

You guys are awesome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 10:06am

Ahhhh yes, Tina Fey from SNL.  That is a compliment!

P.S.  I'm going to an upscale salon on this Friday to meet and consult with a stylist that I've never gone to before.  I'm going to let her do anything she wants, with my suggestions about an Alyssa cut.  I've never paid $47 for a cut before, that's a lot for me, so I'll find out if it's worth it.  Plus the fact, hair drying is a separate charge after your first visit.  As for color, thank goodness I'm a DIY color dyer, so when I decide to go back to red, I'll save money there.

loveitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 12:44am
Go girl!  I hope you have fun and get a cut you love.  And yes, I do see the similarity with Tina Fey.

Loveitshort
loveitshort
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 11:41am
What happened on Friday????  How'd it turn out????
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 7:40am
hey hawg what's up!  Well, I'm thinking about it too much because I cancelled my appt. because  one day I like my curls and another day I hate them.  What will happen is one day I'll think my hair is disgusting and I'll get an appointment that day, and totally change my hair.  Spontaneous is how I am when it comes to my hair.  I'll definitely post my new look when it happens!  Thanks for asking!

spud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 9:07pm
Well done eatgreenjello you had us all fooled. Not the usual obvious troll with a desperate need to crop her waist length hair. Guess the reference to the 2 hairdressers fighting over the length of your hair should of given it away but overall 8 out of 10. For all us short hair fans lets make a pledge that while we may offer advice in the future lets NOT fall into the trap of asking how the haircut turned. It seems that quick replies before the cut and silence afterwards is the hallmark of trolls. Waiting for us to ask about the cut and then telling us that it didn't happen is just their way of twisting the knife.

Spud
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 9:38pm
I don't think you're a troll.
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 1:54am

Spud your name suits you well.  I am not a troll and I really was going to cut my hair.  Your comments were really weird.  "Twisting the knife".  Be for real.  And I thought that I was dramatic.

Maybe this board is a little too much for your seriousness.  Remember, it is not a hair fetish board.  A lot of people welcome honest opinions of what 'people that don't know them personally' think, and that's whats so neat about this board.  It's up to each individual whether they go through with it or not. 

You need to get a life SPUD. 

And, thanks Hawg, you're cool in my book.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 2:40am
Originally posted by spud spud wrote:

Well done eatgreenjello you had us all fooled. Not the usual obvious troll with a desperate need to crop her waist length hair. Guess the reference to the 2 hairdressers fighting over the length of your hair should of given it away but overall 8 out of 10. For all us short hair fans lets make a pledge that while we may offer advice in the future lets NOT fall into the trap of asking how the haircut turned. It seems that quick replies before the cut and silence afterwards is the hallmark of trolls. Waiting for us to ask about the cut and then telling us that it didn't happen is just their way of twisting the knife.

Spud

Given all that "eatgreenjello" had provided (a volume of thoughts and her picture too), I can't begin to imagine how you would come to think that she's a troll.
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 5:21am
This may be a little off topic (what's a "troll" anyway??), but is the Jerky Flea guy who posted a reply in this thread THE Jerky Flea who used to write that column (celebrity hairspray)??  If so....I used to LOVE reading that column and was wondering if it is ever coming back?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic